The Return of Fuel Protests

Permabanned
Rypt do you not find it at all stange that almost everyone does not agree with you?

Law of the jungle my behind, i have some pretty strong views but everyone needs a hand now and again.

I assume you paid for public school with your part time jobs?

Rypt makes comment + everyone disagrees = everyone is wrong.

Maybe you are not very good at articulating yourself.

Last edited:
Permabanned
He just takes things very black and white and literally.

He may not be far off, but as many of you no doubt appreciate regardless of your politics it is not as easy as just cutting off all that spending in one go without due reform. Which takes time.

Associate
I used to always get my fuel from morrisons because it was the cheapest around. The local shell was just over by a penny but was about 4 miles out the way. Morrisons now has become 1p more then shell. Havent been to fill
In morrisons for about 6 months now lol.

Last edited:
Associate
(despite the fact that there is no inherent reason why a BMW should throw larger bills than say a Toyota other than due to BMW overpricing parts or due to BMWs being less reliable)

This is just ridiculous, you've just said there are no inherent reasons for BMWs being more expensive, and then immediately gone on to list two inherent reasons.

Do you not realise how silly that sounds?

Soldato
The thing that amazes me is that despite the soaring fuel charges, I still see people tearing around the place, racing up to red lights then standing on the brakes at the last minute. Drive gentler when you're in congested rush hour traffic, you'll save a packet?

Alright, it's not going to save you enough to pay for much but it's a saving nonetheless.

I'm also finding that even in the morning busy hours, you get people coming right up behind you and seemingly annoyed that I'm only doing 45 on a 50, despite the fact that theres a quarry truck in front of me that I can't get around and going any faster will just get me stonechips. Sure, I don't like being stuck behind slow people but if its because of the line of traffic up the road, just sit and chill, like every morning!

Soldato
The thing that amazes me is that despite the soaring fuel charges, I still see people tearing around the place, racing up to red lights then standing on the brakes at the last minute. Drive gentler when you're in congested rush hour traffic, you'll save a packet?

Alright, it's not going to save you enough to pay for much but it's a saving nonetheless.

Not everybody thinks of driving the same, to some a car is just a tool for getting from A to B, for others its that plus something to enjoy. Personally im of the latter belief, I know that my boost gauge is pretty much a scale of how uneconomical im driving but I couldn't care less as im having fun, I could buy a prius and then save loads on fuel but I would then use it to (guess what) have fun so its swings and roundabouts, do you want to enjoy your time in the car and out or only enjoy the time out but maybe a bit more.

Soldato
If the "protesters" are aiming to cause major disruption in order to get the government to change policy, why are they doing it on a SUNDAY. Or is it that they don't want to get held up on the way to work on Monday? :rolleyes:

To cause maximum disruption just target a few strategic motorway junctions between 7 and 9 on any weekday morning..... ;)

thats what i was thinking... oooooooh go slows on the M53? wow big deal. Do Go slows on the M1, M40, M11 and all head to london or the M25, Shut the capital down? If multiple convoys hit london/M25 at the same time the bulk of traffic would cause everything to stop.

How would they target Junctions? other than stopping which would be illegal?

Associate
one of my mates passed his driving test about 6 months ago and has a 1 littre micra and was complaining about the fuel he uses. i told him "if your complaining about fuel costs of a 1 littre you got no chance of ever being able to drive anything bigger"

was in his car on sat. he revved the **** out of it 1st and 2nd doing 45 on a 30 guy about 15 cars (rough distance) infront puts his indicator on and starts slowing down. my mate slamms his brakes on and revves back upto 40 odd.

when i told him thats how he's loosing all his fuel he said "it wasnt my fault he turned left" -.-

Last edited:
Soldato
one of my mates passed his driving test about 6 months ago and has a 1 littre micra and was complaining about the fuel he uses. i told him "if your complaining about fuel costs of a 1 littre you got no chance of ever being able to drive anything bigger"

was in his car on sat. he revved the **** out of it 1st and 2nd doing 45 on a 30 guy about 15 cars infront puts his indicator on and starts slowing down. my mate slamms his brakes on and revves back upto 40 odd.

when i told him thats how he's loosing all his fuel he said "it wasnt my fault he turned left" -.-

Oh dear , catch the bus next time or get new mates :p

Soldato
Was the cap introduced with the budget to stop the tax applied by the government from increasing any further but could not stop suppliers increasing prices should the cost of production go up or they fancy larger profits?

Just so I have this understood?

Soldato
Not really, at my current job I known more than all other staff other than my boss, something that my boss uses to his advantage by asking for my opinion on things where I have equal or better knowledge than him.

Given the fact that this year I've worked 3 days a week (well 2 days a week until Xmas) and been at uni the other days, in an office that otherwise has full time staff (working full time all of last summer and any other time when I have no uni)

You don't know me, or my life, Fox.
I am fully entitled to hold whatever views I hold, fully entitled to despise paying for things (via tax) that serve no constructive purpose to me (or in my eyes to society as a whole) ... be that benefits, public sector workers, and so on.
Shock horror at a student actually getting a part time job to fund themself through uni.

Want a medal?

I did it as well. I didnt come on here shouting about how I single handedly wrote a complete marine application for my employer and managed to maintain it as well as doing my uni degree.

Soldato
Really? I would have never figured oil companies sell a lot of oil everyday.

Oil doesn't just make petrol, its also needed for:

Ammonia, Anesthetics, Antihistamines, Artificial limbs, Artificial Turf, Antiseptics, Aspirin, Auto Parts, Awnings, Balloons, Ballpoint pens, Bandages, Beach Umbrellas, Boats, Cameras, Candles, Car Battery Cases, Carpets, Caulking, Combs, Cortisones, Cosmetics, Crayons, Credit Cards, Curtains, Deodorants, Detergents, Dice, Disposable Diapers, Dolls, Dyes, Eye Glasses, Electrical Wiring Insulation, Faucet Washers, Fishing Rods, Fishing Line, Fishing Lures, Food Preservatives, Food Packaging, Garden Hose, Glue, Hair Coloring, Hair Curlers, Hand Lotion, Hearing Aids, Heart Valves, Ink, Insect Repellant, Insecticides, Linoleum, Lip Stick, Milk Jugs, Nail Polish, Oil Filters, Panty Hose, Perfume, Petroleum Jelly, Rubber Cement, Rubbing Alcohol, Shampoo, Shaving Cream, Shoes, Toothpaste, Trash Bags, Upholstery, Vitamin Capsules, Water Pipes, plus many many more.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
rypt: the customer support section is HERE

give me a shout if you want assistance in RMAing your keyboard. it is obviously faulty...

Back
Top Bottom