Looking to get a made to order/tailored suit in the London/Surrey area

Associate
Morning all.

Having recently come into some excess money I fancy a bit of a splurge and whilst there is nothing wrong with the suits I have, I'd like to get one created to measurements. I'm aware they are made on Jermyn street and I've seen a few companies around (like a suit that fits) which have caught my eye. I'm looking for a relatively lightweight suit, a two-piece around the £350.00 mark.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Associate
I can highly recommend A Suit That Fits, I've got two suits and seven shirts from them, as long as you don't go nuts with customizing it should just about fall within your price range too. Service is absolutely brilliant.

Associate
OP
I can highly recommend A Suit That Fits, I've got two suits and seven shirts from them, as long as you don't go nuts with customizing it should just about fall within your price range too. Service is absolutely brilliant.

There's one in Guildford so I might pop in. How noticeable are the benefits of getting a suit "made to measure"?

Soldato
Cheers man this place looks good!
What's the quality of the suits like?!

Excellent even the cheaper range cloth, obviously going to cost more for nicer cloth but no complaints with the base level priced suits.
They have plenty on show in the store so you can choose what style you like the look of or design your own :p
Ive got a nice blue herringbone shirt from there too and that's great! Does not crease within 5 Min's like most street stores and is so easy to Iron.

Associate
There's one in Guildford so I might pop in. How noticeable are the benefits of getting a suit "made to measure"?

I guess it depends on your shape, but for me it's a huge difference (48" chest, 36" waist!); if I could find a high street jacket to fit then the trousers ended up looking like clown pants :p. Was never so bad at places like M&S where they sell jackets separately to trousers, but they still weren't quite right. Made to measure are a damn sight more comfortable to wear on a daily basis too, as they are designed around you etc.

Caporegime

A made to measure suit will look like it fits you perfectly because, well, it does.

Off the peg, well you might get lucky and find something that just about sits properly on your frame. Unlikely but it is possible. You'll probably end up faffing around with alterations and all that stuff.

I suppose there's a choice there?

Back
Top Bottom