• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 11.5 Released

Associate
Has it broken GPU acceleration in Media Player Classic? That's the primary one I use.

No idea, I uninstalled everything then went through 11.4, 11.5 & 11.5a. It's no big loss for vlc, cpu is more than capable of decoding anyway. Oh and it seem 11.5a hasn't fully fixed the mouse lag but rather reduced it to the point where it's "almost" gone.

Soldato
Mmm.

Used the CCC updater and it BSOD'd with IRQL error.

Did this every time I attempted to update. Instead I removed all ATI drivers and software and then it let me install to 11.5 without any issues.

Associate
i updated drivers by the old fashion way (hardware manager,right click vid adaptor,update,,i have a disk click ok...etc) i didn't realise i could use the CCC to update automatically,will do it next time.

thx OP. :)

Soldato
Everything for me is working fine on 11.3, should I give the latest 11.5 a go?

I'm a bit scared of the problems people were getting with the 11.4, which put me off that release. I'm hoping the 11.5 is better.

Soldato
Everything for me is working fine on 11.3, should I give the latest 11.5 a go?

I'm a bit scared of the problems people were getting with the 11.4, which put me off that release. I'm hoping the 11.5 is better.

11.3 were worse than 11.4 / 11.4 preview drivers here, so horses for courses.

If you have system restore turned on, you can always roll back if need be.

Associate
I wonder how long it will take AMD to finally get aspect ratio scaling consistently working/available on their drivers. As someone who very much enjoys playing obscure and/or old games I cannot help but get irritated. Boggles the mind how a company can neglect this very crucial feature in time of such widescreen monitor prevalence. And its not like there's some big issue about it as its clearly there and operational, they're just not paying attention.

Last edited:
Soldato
11.5 seems to be much better on my system running a 6950,ever since 11.1-11.4 BC2 has ran like crap and low fps in the 40-50s...now im seeing 80-90+ like i did back when i first got my 6950...definatly a good release this time so far.

Back
Top Bottom