Stuck at : Veryfying dmi pool data

Soldato
Disconnect the power from the HDD and try to boot from the DVD again. If we can get you booting a bootdisk we can try a memtest or do it the old fashioned way swapping the mem sticks out, trying one at a time. Memory can cause some odd issues

Associate
OP
Disconnect the power from the HDD and try to boot from the DVD again. If we can get you booting a bootdisk we can try a memtest or do it the old fashioned way swapping the mem sticks out, trying one at a time. Memory can cause some odd issues

Right I tried it 1 more time and it booted from CD (no unnplugging HD) now it appears that my 2nd HD with no Windows is listed as my C drive and my main drive with Vista is my D drive. Maybe this has been the problem all along!

I need to find out how to swap these now!

Soldato
You have reset the bios so the order will have changed. Are the HDDs the same make? If they are it can be confusing to tell which is which in the boot order. Try swapping them over in the boot order, see if that resloves it.

Once they are in order DVD -OS HDD -slave HDD try booting the DVD again and doing a repair

Soldato
It is possible to make a usb memory stick bootable and download the memtest program and put it on the drive. I'd really like to establish if the memory is good. So we can rule it out, memory errors can cause no end of woes.

You can of course swap RAM sticks out etc but seeing as there is always a chance they are all borked, its best to run a mem test or swap out for known good RAM

Soldato
I had this problem. I went into the mobo BIOs and made sure that the input device was USB keyboard and that solved it as I could then press a key when it said "verifying DMI pool data" and that started the installation off.This was with win vista aswell

Associate
OP
Whilst booting from CD I have tried to do the mem test which it tells me it will do after a restart. The computer then restarts but goes straight to the screen with Verifying dmi pool data!!!

Very tempted to format and have done with it. After all I have managed to back up everything I can think of whilst in system recovery.

Soldato
Well if it's steadily booting of the DVD mate sounds like thats the best option. When you think of all the time you might spend trying to fix it a fresh install might actually be quicker and easier.

Back
Top Bottom