***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Man of Honour
The Galaxy S II is light, but it is not flimsy.

It's built VERY well to be honest. People seem to be trying to put themselves off the Galaxy S II, is the hate toward Samsung really that bad because they want a phone to be light and not heavy? Jeez :p

Soldato
Define very flimsy :p

I twisted my GSII and there's no give, no flex....so flimsy is an incorrect word to use and gives people a bad impression in their mind. The only flimsy thing about it is the battery cover, and only when it's off the phone.

flim·sy (flmz)
adj. flim·si·er, flim·si·est
1. Light, thin, and insubstantial: a flimsy fabric.
2. Lacking solidity or strength: a flimsy table.
3. Lacking plausibility; unconvincing: a flimsy excuse.
n. pl. flim·sies
1. Thin paper usually used to make multiple copies.
2. Something written on this thin paper.
[Origin unknown.]
flimsi·ly adv.
flimsi·ness n.

I think flimsy is exactly the word to use. The Galaxy S II while a wonderful piece of technology just doesn't feel like it will stand up to much use. I have serious doubts as to how it will fare over 18-24 months of use.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It is not flimsy and posting a dictionary definition doesn't help when the phone is as solid as a unibody while still being very thin. I have no questions about whether it will last 24 months because I have every confidence it will.

You underlined the sub definition, insubstantial, that is not what the GS II is.

In fact, if mine doesn't look like it does now in 18 months then you can have £50 over Paypal.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think flimsy is exactly the word to use. The Galaxy S II while a wonderful piece of technology just doesn't feel like it will stand up to much use. I have serious doubts as to how it will fare over 18-24 months of use.

Its thin, but not so thin that it has any bearing on its build quality. The battery cover is flimsy but that is just a cover that is 100% solid when in place.

2. Lacking solidity or strength: a flimsy table. - Its very, very solid and strong.

So yeah, flimsy isn't the right word. Light and made of plastic is how you can describe it if you must try and convince yourself to buy a Sensation :D

Soldato
It is not flimsy and posting a dictionary definition doesn't help when the phone is as solid as a unibody while still being very thin. I have no questions about whether it will last 24 months because I have every confidence it will.

You underlined the sub definition, insubstantial, that is not what the GS II is.

In fact, if mine doesn't look like it does now in 18 months then you can have £50 over Paypal.

You asked me to define flimsy, I gave you a definition.

We are only talking about opinions here. Having played with the Sensation the Galaxy S II does, in my opinion, feel flimsy.

I haven't insulted your sister or anything. :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I see, well then, since we're being all specific, you said:
Code:
Galaxy S II is very flimsy
Which is a false statement.

The only part where you posted a personal opinion was when you said:
As most people will be on 18 or 24 month contracts I think that will be an issue

As Robbo said, if you need to justify a Sensation over the GS II using this kind of tactic then that's pretty low!

Soldato
I see, well then, since we're being all specific, you said:
Code:
Galaxy S II is very flimsy
Which is a false statement.

The only part where you posted a personal opinion was when you said:

As Robbo said, if you need to justify a Sensation over the GS II using this kind of tactic then that's pretty low!

Do you work for Samsung? I can't see how you are taking this to heart so much.

Your use of language is very strange. Talking about tactics and being pretty low? This is a discussion thread on a website, not the Israeli/Palestine conflict. Bit of perspective maybe?

I stand by my opinion that the Galaxy S II is flimsy. It isn't a false statement, it is an opinion. People can take heed of it, ignore it, whatever they want.

I'm not saying don't buy a Galaxy S II. The only reason I returned mine is I might be leaving the country in the near future - until I know for sure I didn't want to be locked into a 24 month contract. If I find out I am going to be staying I will still consider the Galaxy S II and the Sensation.

The internet is full of opinions - are you new here?

:D

Soldato
^ OK, your not a fan of plastic chassis's, we get it... but they can be just as strong (My light plastic Defy says hi ;))

Anyway back to the thread, 1080p youtube/iPlayer HD? Can the sensation play it smoothly?

I've got a slight problem...I cant get a Micro SD Card to fit

It goes in so far and just hangs out, there is no "click"

Ive tried a few and they are all the same, wtf?

Push harder with a little upward jiggle? HTC slots are always to quite stiff. :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Your use of language is very strange. Talking about tactics and being pretty low? This is a discussion thread on a website, not the Israeli/Palestine conflict. Bit of perspective maybe?

Right, I think you're confused about language actually :/

Anyway, no I do not work for Samsung or any company but I won't sit around playing with myself when someone posts incorrect things as if they're facts, internet or not.

For the record I prefer my Desire's rubbery matte finish over any other phone. Aluminium/alloy phones can get dented easily and once dented it's dented for life. The Desire doesn't have this problem. Likewise an all plastic phone can get cracked if dropped on certain surfaces but that doesn't mean all plastic phones are "flimsy". Thankfully the GS II shouldn't suffer that problem, the glass covers 99.99% of the front and this is what helps it feel solid giving the impression of a unibody phone and lack of flimsyness.

Your choice of wording was poor, you might not agree to that but that's what it was and it's been said as such by others.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
can we get back on track. I'm sick of sifting through a load of crap.

Wait, you mean you had to scroll past TEN whole posts? Blimey! :eek:

I'd say comparing this to other phones that are released at the same time in the same market is pretty on track ;)

Soldato
Right, I think you're confused about language actually :/

Anyway, no I do not work for Samsung or any company but I won't sit around playing with myself when someone posts incorrect things as if they're facts, internet or not.

For the record I prefer my Desire's rubbery matte finish over any other phone. Aluminium/alloy phones can get dented easily and once dented it's dented for life. The Desire doesn't have this problem. Likewise an all plastic phone can get cracked if dropped on certain surfaces but that doesn't mean all plastic phones are "flimsy". Thankfully the GS II shouldn't suffer that problem, the glass covers 99.99% of the front and this is what helps it feel solid giving the impression of a unibody phone and lack of flimsyness.

Your choice of wording was poor, you might not agree to that but that's what it was and it's been said as such by others.

LOL - Khaan. Way to completely overreact. I really wasn't expecting such a fanboy flame.

I think the Galaxy S II is flimsy. You don't - no big deal. Am I allowed to hold my own opinion?

Anyway back on topic.

Soldato
Wait, you mean you had to scroll past TEN whole posts? Blimey! :eek:

I'd say comparing this to other phones that are released at the same time in the same market is pretty on track ;)

I meant generally on ocuk, someone will always derail it to get an argument put forward, and fight it till the death.. this is a thread about the sensation, to which id like peoples opinions on the sensation, not a flimsy plastic backing of a different phone.

its just gonna get annoying if it carries on like that untill the majority get the sensation, which is another month. I for one cant be arsed with pathetic bickering, id rather know what the phone is actually like than a debate on the word flimsy.

Associate
OP
Could i just point out something here, most people put their phones in cases anyway so a case would completely change the "feel" of a phone.
I bet if you "felt" the SGS2 in a case you would not say that it felt flimsy.
I think that is a fair point to make.

Associate
Popped into Vodafine yesterday to have a play with both the Sensation and the SGS2 - gotta say I prefer the Sensation. Feels very nice in the hand, and I personally prefer the look, so decided to go for the HTC. Would agree that the Samsung certainly doesn't feel flimsy, very solid, but went for the HTC based on looks and feel.

My wife made a god point to me... years ago I wouldn't even look at the memory or processor of phones, used to buy them based on what I liked! Less ram, locked bootloader, but still prefered it.

Man of Honour
I meant generally on ocuk, someone will always derail it to get an argument put forward, and fight it till the death.. this is a thread about the sensation, to which id like peoples opinions on the sensation, not a flimsy plastic backing of a different phone.

its just gonna get annoying if it carries on like that untill the majority get the sensation, which is another month. I for one cant be arsed with pathetic bickering, id rather know what the phone is actually like than a debate on the word flimsy.

If people on here didn't 'argue', OCUK would be a very boring place indeed.

You'll get all the information you want from this thread, if you see a post you don't like, just skip past it, its not hard.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sorry if it did go a little OT(T) but you have to agree, calling something flimsy when it's not is kind of a false thing to put across!

Anyway, 1080p comparison failed yesterday as I was pre-occupied but tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom