% of non-disabled people who park in Disabled spots!!...

Soldato
I deal with suppliers day to day, suppliers to the catering trade, i know how they work, they will try and pass off dodgy stock amongst your order, last week i ordered some broccoli from my F+V supplier at work, they sent them with heads the size of the snooker ball hoping they would get away with it. A meat supplier we used to use tried sending frozen defrosted meat to us, we soon stopped using them!

Yes, they will pick the first thing they reach on the shelf in home deliveries, which, if the shelf stackers are doing their job properly, will be the oldest stock, audits are carried out to make sure that stock rotation is happening, there was something in the news a while ago with a supermarket being fined for having ood stock on their shelves. Infact, first result in a google search brings this up...

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/5035845.Supermarket_fined_for_selling_out_of_date_food/

Therefore, it's in the supermarkets best interest to make sure that their staff are doing their job properly.

Caporegime
If there's no other spaces then I don't see a problem honestly. Why are 20% of the spaces disabled when like 0.1% of people are actually disabled? The supermarket aren't really in a position to complain about it if they don't expand their parking facilities, do they want our custom or not?

Man of Honour
I've never done this.

However, there is another way to conveniently park anywhere you want. Simply put on your hazards and park anywhere you wish. Outside a high street, the front of a hospital, even the middle of the motorway!

Soldato
Well they're parking in the right space though surely? I mean, they're not able to think normally and park in a normal bay so they are in fact dis-abled!

Gism0.jpg

I'm disabled, and I laughed, so I'll let it go. I certainly don't think normally. :D

Caporegime
Actually they are paid to make sure the stuff has a reasonable date on it, with tesco at least if you aren't happy with any product, be it the sell by date, or quality of item you just ask the driver to take it back and they do that and refund you the cost of that item.

Or just ring up later on, because ts hard to check each date and quality of each item on the doorstep, and they will refund you.

Soldato
So you guys who are dead against using a disabled space under any consequence....

Say you are literally turtle heading so bad, all the toilets are busy apart from that nice big clean disabled one which is free... what do?

Associate
I care not for either parent and baby spots or disabled spaces. If you are capable of walking around a giant supermarket you can park anywhere within that shop's car park.
Parent and baby spaces are purely a publicity thing, why do they have to be at the front door? Put them around the corner at the back of the car park out of the way imo.

I should add, I don't use these spaces as I don't fit the profile of either, just so the hand wringing apologists don't assume that I do.

Soldato
So you guys who are dead against using a disabled space under any consequence....

Say you are literally turtle heading so bad, all the toilets are busy apart from that nice big clean disabled one which is free... what do?

I think a common sense approach needs to be adopted, I quite often visit a super market late at night, and think nothing of parking sideways across 3 disabled bays, however, doing that at 4pm would be bit wrong.

That said, there's nothing common about sense, for example: needing the loo is not an excuse :)

Associate
It is too easy for the blue badge system to get abused. It is on the news quite a bit here about family members using the disabled persons badge to park a bit closer. It just means that there arent enough spaces for people who are really disabled.

There is a place near me that has a space for the police and ambulance service when they are called, and even they get abused by people parking

Soldato
Loving all the non-parents in this thread saying that Parent and Child spaces are a ****-take. Have some kids (immediately, dammnit!) then you'll see how difficult it can be getting them unbuckled and out of the car in a normal space without touching the neighbours' paintwork and consequently you'll understand why they are such a help. It's even worse when you have a newborn and you need to take the car seat out. Or if your terrible-two toddler is having a tantrum :D

If complainers weren't so short-sighted they see that they are a boon to the normal driver. Sure, you have to park a bit further away, but it keeps many of the screaming kids corralled in one place and probably lessens the scrapes on your motor.

Last edited:
Soldato
I care not for either parent and baby spots or disabled spaces. If you are capable of walking around a giant supermarket you can park anywhere within that shop's car park.

so you're not pro making a disabled persons life just a little bit easier, even though you don't actually have to do anything at all?

Soldato
It is too easy for the blue badge system to get abused. It is on the news quite a bit here about family members using the disabled persons badge to park a bit closer. It just means that there arent enough spaces for people who are really disabled.

There is a place near me that has a space for the police and ambulance service when they are called, and even they get abused by people parking

That I agree is totally wrong and out of order. The blue badge system is open to obvious abuse, weather that abuse can be economically addressed I'm not sure, but assuming it can't be, it's a fair consession I think.

That's a completely different kettle of fish to parent/child bays, in my opinion.

Soldato
IMO I think disabled spaces should be reserved for people in wheelchairs only. Many a time at my local pub I've seen someone with a blue badge pull up and park in a disabled bay and walk out, then someone who's in a wheelchair can't park anywhere because there's no room in a normal bay to get the chair out.

Many people say the disabled bays are there so people don't have to walk as far but in reality they are there to provide a space with enough room to get a wheelchair out. If I was to park in a normal empty bay then someone decided to park next to the car i'd be screwed.

Soldato
Loving all the non-parents in this thread saying that Parent and Child spaces are a ****-take. Have some kids (immediately, dammnit!) then you'll see how difficult it can be getting them unbuckled and out of the car in a normal space without touching the neighbours' paintwork and consequently you'll understand why they are such a help. It's even worse when you have a newborn and you need to take the car seat out. Or if your terrible-two toddler is having a tantrum :D

If complainers weren't so short-sighted they see that they are a boon to the normal driver. Sure, you have to park a bit further away, but it keeps many of the screaming kids corralled in one place and probably lessens the scrapes on your motor.

Newsflash: the general public doesn't care about your offspring, if it too much like hard work, then don't have them. If you do choose to have them, don't expect consessions?

Back
Top Bottom