• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NEW AMD!

Associate
hi
i am looking into my new upgrade
a 620w PSU and a decent GFX are on their way (or will be soon)

now looking into
motherboard processor RAM and an SSD

herd a new AMD is coming out soon, just want more infomation on:
PRICE
PREFORMANCE
COMPARISON TO phenom x6

cant afford any more than that to be honest. unless it is really a future proof CPU

thanks

Soldato
will be unveiled first week of June, so hang in there. Nobody knows about price, performance.

If not, Sandybridge 2500K is a better buy than a X6 anyway. You can upgrade to Sandys for around £300 (mobo + ram + CPU).

Associate
the table shows the gpu is slow for 3450 than the 3550. the diferent between the p's will probably be clock speed which isn't shown on this table. Only 1 week until the official announcement, hang in there.

Associate
Might be a bit of a stupid question, but any difference between the husky 3550P/3450P and 3550/3450 (without P) apart from the difference in TDP?
I believe the P-models have unlocked multipliers and can therefore be considered Black Edition chips. This seems to make sense if one looks at the leaked boxart.

EDIT: This box art. It's supposedly just a concept, but still.

EDIT2: Quite a few pages with these images have been removed, so I apologise in advance if this gets pulled. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
From what i've read, Husky cores are based off the current K10 architecture with some tweaks and a GPU added on. So they'll be very good value for money, but nothing new in terms of performance.

For Bulldozer, you're looking at Zambezi, but you don't get an integrated GPU.

Also, Husky = Socket FM1, Zambezi = Socket AM3+.

Associate
OP
think i might just buy a x4/x6 non-buldozer, just doesnt seem like there is a massive improvment for my use, i am not a extreme user (eg. graphic designing and 3d modeling) dont do any of that :D

Caporegime
Even so waiting for BD may bring some price drops to AM3 stuff. Maybe even there will be a BD chip which is faster and the same price/cheaper than current Phenoms

That's really the whole point of realeasing a new line of CPU's.

They should be better than the old ones for the same cost or a as good as the old ones and cheaper.

If those objectives aren't met then the launch would be a fail.

Associate

They should be better than the old ones for the same cost or a as good as the old ones and cheaper.

That's absolutely true, would expect a bit of price drop too if it didn't sell at launch.

Don
I believe the P-models have unlocked multipliers and can therefore be considered Black Edition chips. This seems to make sense if one looks at the leaked boxart.

EDIT: This box art. It's supposedly just a concept, but still.

EDIT2: Quite a few pages with these images have been removed, so I apologise in advance if this gets pulled. :p
As far as I'm aware all the FX chips will be unlocked - not sure what the P otherwise denotes other than it being a higher base clock rate/TDP.

Soldato

Well yeah price points stay roughly the same, performance goes up. But you have platform cost too, varying specs for the motherboard. With margins so slim these days budget boards tend to come with less features or rather less new features that were used to seeing if that makes sense lol. If you intend to use a dedicated GPU the A series APUs would be a bit of a waste I guess, but we don't know pricing yet

Back
Top Bottom