• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSi GTX 560Ti Problem

Associate
Recieved 1 today, played Bad Company 2, running great until it crashed and blue screened, played it again, this time it crashed with weird artifacts everywhere, the 3rd time the screen froze then went completely white, Pressed the power button and the screen responded when shutting down. Thought I'd try TDU2 this was running OK until the screen froze then the game crash with an error report.

Is there anything I can try before I send back the Card?

Thanks, Ben

Associate
OP
Right, I down clocked my CPU to stock and it runs fine, could it be that its no longer stable or that the extra power of the CPU overclock and 560Ti is pushing the power supply too much (580w Tagan Easycon)

Associate
no no i was meaning to downclock the 560ti with msi afterburner, leave ur cpu with the overclock enabled,
try reducing your gpu core to 800 and see if anything crashes, i presume the core is at 900MHZ on this card
you could also try increace the voltage as there might not be enough voltage and this would make the card unstable

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It turns out it wasn't the fault of the card, which I originally thought, once I down-clocked my CPU it ran fine for a couple of days, so I loaded an OC profile I knew was stable and it has ran great ever since, so it turns out my CPU wasn't totally stable as I thought it was. Thanks for all the suggestions guys :)

Back
Top Bottom