Need Moar

Associate
hi guys. i built my own pc 2 years ago. sadly when i first built it the PSU decided to explode on me and killed the motherboard, cpu and a few other things (thankfully OCUK's great customer service replaced them for me. cheers :p). i presumed the RAM was fine but the pc crashed a lot for a month or two after. turned out it was a ram stick so ive been running it one one stick corsair xms3 platinum for nearly 2 years. now i think i need more than 2GB of ram (new games dont like it) but im not sure what to get.

i do have a lifetime waranty on the other stick of broken ram but i didnt notice any difference without it really up untill now. should i just replace that or invest in new ram? is what i have realy out of date now? what is the best DDR3 dual channel ram around? what do all the things meen? thanks

Associate
OP
im reluctant to return something else to overclockers seeing as i took back half the PC. i guess it was their PSU that did it but still.... anyway i shot off an email to corsair to see what they say.

if i do get new ram whats the best bet? ive forgoten most of my computer knowledge but i know i need DDR3 dual channel ram. is there any point getting 8gb or should i just get 4gb? i have a 64bit OS. also what are things like timings? and whats the difference between 10666 and 14400? also, borowsing the corsair website they have AMD and intel specific ram. is there any point in getting this or just generic stuff? thanks

Back
Top Bottom