Please recommend a Wired USB Mouse

Associate
OP
I'll have a look at the Logitech MX518. I think the Death Adder is way overkill for my needs (at 3500dpi) and is quite expensive (for a non-gamer).

Does it offer weight tuning like the G500? Can you get it in all black?

Associate
I'll have a look at the Logitech MX518. I think the Death Adder is way overkill for my needs (at 3500dpi) and is quite expensive (for a non-gamer).

Does it offer weight tuning like the G500? Can you get it in all black?

The razer is all black with the exception of the blue lit logo and mouse wheel, no weight tuning but you can customise all 5 buttons to do whatever you like using their software which I find extremely useful as I do 3D design work and having shortcuts to camera controls on the mouse is a godsend. However it may be surplus to what you need!

Associate
OP
Well the main difference is that gaming mice generally have higher DPI, this doesn't really offer much advantage with general use unless you are used to it. Gaming mice also sometimes offer extra programmable buttons. I am not sure how this could be used for general use either to be honest.

I think that something like this would be more suited to your needs. Has the same DPI as your current one but does a look a little larger to hold in the hand. I haven't had any experience with it and I can't find any decent reviews online (that I am allowed to link to, possibly look at other online distributors user reviews).

Just noticed the Logitech M500 from your post and will investigate.

Associate
OP
As everyone's rating Logitech highly, how about the Logitech RX1000?

looks to be a toss between this, the MX518 & M500 so far. why is the M500 more expensive than the 518?

Must check if there's a slightly larger (desktop & non-presenter) version of my current microsoft mouse.

p.s. there's a review on the jungle that suggests there was only a £5 or so difference in price between the MX518 and G500 around Jan!

Last edited:
Associate
MX518 for me,just picked up another 2 from a local supermarket that had them on sale at a cost of £28.00 for them both,bargin..

Back
Top Bottom