800D Alternative?

Associate
Hi all, situation is building a new build for my brother. He has a limited budget so I'm helping where I can. Now he loves my 800D and I'm more than happy to donate it to his new build. Now I obviously will need a replacement and I do fancy a change. After trawling through review after review of cases I'm still undecided. I don't like my cases to "busy" so to speak. Was looking at the SilverStone Fortress FT02 but quite a few comments about space and untidy cable management have caused me to doubt that case. Can any of you recommend a case from personal experience? I do want a large case.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Associate
OP
Sorry, I should have included more details. I am using the Corsair H60 and am very happy with it so won't change that. Budget up to £250 is no problem and am hoping to find something of at least equal build quality to the 800D.

Associate
Do any of you have any experience with the Temjin TJ07? Looks lovely

It has had some good reviews, but don't spend the money if its just willy nilly. If you need a big case, get the 800D, its trusted and you know it very well. If you want it to be a bit smaller, the 650D is its little brother.

Associate
I have had an experience with the TJ07. It looks great but didn't like:

two 92mm fans at back (should be 120mm)
side panel don't align properly causing vibration and gaps.
Hard drive bays at the bottom are fidly removing them
Temps aren't great and the fans can get loud

I nearly went for the TJ11 but went for the FT02B-W because I want air cooling.

Back
Top Bottom