2012 BMW 1-Series picture leaks here

Man of Honour
I love it even more than I did the first time I looked at it

So much so I'm almost tempted to keep my car for another year and a bit and get one end of next year :) Or wait and see what engines are added later on

Caporegime
Hardly any bum shots in that vid (although those two look like they've given their fair share of 'bumshots'). I think it looks *ok* from the front, poor from the back, and very good inside. It'll obviously sell in droves.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Not keen, but then quite often some BMWs haven't appealed to me when released, only for over time for me to really like them.

I guess I'm an exception to the norm as I like the previous 1-series.

Man of Honour
I love it even more than I did the first time I looked at it

So much so I'm almost tempted to keep my car for another year and a bit and get one end of next year :) Or wait and see what engines are added later on

You 'love' it, really? :eek: :(

Man of Honour
I really do, I think it's a very nice looking car. But then if I like the current 1er, which a lot don't, my taste must already be pretty 'special' :p

I just think it's a big step up, the interior looks a lot nicer, and the front of the car is just awesome

Man of Honour
The current 1 series is nice if its a certain model in the right colour, the 'standard' one looks a bit bland I find.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Interior looks like a massive improvement, although I'll wait until I get up-close and personal with one.

Looks-wise, I'm not a massive fan, but again I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it in person.

Soldato
So; direct injection, variable valve timing on both camshafts, variable lift on the intake camshaft, dual scroll turbo.

Not the most advanced valve strategy, but more advanced injection and turbo.

There are other manufacturers developing similar 1.6 turbo engines. Ford 1.6 Ecoboost, Hyundai have one due out next year and Honda are supposed to be working on one I believe

Alfa has a 1.7 turbo with over 230bhp, but there's absolutely nothing eco about it.

DM

DM

Permabanned
If BMW stuck a badge on a diesel powered corn flake box it would still sell, this things going to be no different.

Kellogs and BMW, new design partners for 2012!

Back
Top Bottom