• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 570 70 Degrees Idle

Associate
Have 2x GTX 570 in SLI, lower one runs 45 Degree Idle while upper one 70 degrees, on P67-UD7, silly layout so not slot between them..

Upper ones hits 82 Degree on Load maybe higher, is it safe?

In Coolermaster Scout case, was running both cards in Ft03 case which provided better temps, but wanted to make use of UD7

Soldato
That's a huge difference in temps imo, definitely something not right there, my dad has a pair of GTX480s on air and there's no space between his cards, yet the top card is only about 10c hotter both under load and at idle.

Associate
do temps stay the same if you swap the cards over? (this'll tell you if its the card or the layout thats the issue)

Associate
OP
Bottom one gets the air from front intake, where as the top one does not as the drive cage blocks any air coming from front, so air can only come from side which gets stolen by bottom card..

I might make the bottom card as default card, so top card does less work, rest of system spec does not matter, running dual monitors in clone but 2nd monitor is hardly every used..

I can't really remove cards as tight squeeze..., I'd rather get a single card, but I read the GTX 590 has lots of problems, also won't fit in case...

Would always prefer a single card over dual, I don't mind cost of single card as long as I get better performace than GTX 570 SLI

The UD7 is silly, as in order to have a slot free between cards, I have to move the 2nd card to PCI-E x8 slot which I do not mind except it is 2nd from bottom, which means that it will block USB and Front Panel Headers... so probably won't fit, it is a really bad Layout, also won't be able to Use USB 3.0 Headers as they stick out too much...

Associate
do you have a fan on the side of the case?

perhaps switching it to outake hot air, so hot air from the bottom card is drawn out of the case from the side fan

Associate
OP
Added Side fan to blow cold air in, and removed 2nd monitor, 20 degree drop now less than 50 idle for top card,

Side FAn Blowing IN

TOp GPU: 82 degree load
Bottom GPU: 67 degree load

Side fan blowing out

top gpu: 84 dgree load
bottom gpu: 72 degree load

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom