Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle Series 2

Associate
The first episode, Charity, is out now on BBC iPlayer, the second one is on tonight I think.

What are your thoughts of it? I, personally, love Stewart Lee's stand-up.

The episode started off great with him being interviewed by Armando Iannucci.

The one thing I didn't like (that I didn't like about the first season) was the sketches (there was only one on this episode).

I hope that the sketches are replaced by the Iannucci interviews more this season.

Overall, it's really good. The sketches are just not funny at all though.

Soldato
I have this downloaded on the iPlayer, and I'm utterly disgusted in myself for not having watched it yet.

I didn't even realise it was back until a couple of days ago. Overall, just a poor show from me really.

Series 1 was excellent, Stewart Lee is fantastic. If this is as good, I'll be very happy.

Associate
OP
I have this downloaded on the iPlayer, and I'm utterly disgusted in myself for not having watched it yet.

I didn't even realise it was back until a couple of days ago. Overall, just a poor show from me really.

Series 1 was excellent, Stewart Lee is fantastic. If this is as good, I'll be very happy.

Don't worry. I personally think that Episode 1 was just as good (if not better) than Series 1.

Soldato
I think Stewart Lee is the best stand up on the circuit at the moment, he's brilliant. Charity was very funny, it felt like fresh-Lee (a term coined by myself ;)).

Soldato
The sketches are a bit arty and I think he just does them because he can. It's been rather funny although the last episode with the guitar didn't seem as good, I think because he wasn't quite as animated when sitting.

Soldato
Did anyone else stumble upon his Milder Comedian show on one of the Paramount Comedy channels the other night? It wasn't listed on Digiguide and doesn't appear to have a repeat showing scheduled so I consider myself lucky I chanced upon it. Richard Herrings Hitler Moustache was also show the other week, and again I can't find a repeat showing if that scheduled anywhere either. Strange.

Associate
I still don't like the sketches at the end! I don't see how anyone can find them funny.

I absolutely loved the sketch with him on the motor bike with the shotgun, really great way to finish that episode :D.

Loving the series so far, the funniest thing Ive seen on tv in quite a while and Im really glad the BBC gave him another series. He really is a superb comedian.

Soldato
Wow, 'democracy' finale, how funny was that?. Last weeks, the William Wallace stuff, that was very old material. But this weeks was way funny, great ending to the season!. Here's hoping he gets a third.

Soldato
Wow, 'democracy' finale, how funny was that?. Last weeks, the William Wallace stuff, that was very old material. But this weeks was way funny, great ending to the season!. Here's hoping he gets a third.

I wasn't laughing at his william wallace piece, he definitely shouldn't have done it a second time as it was 1000x funnier when he last did it.

Though his comments on the IRA had me in tears :D.

Associate
I wasn't laughing at his william wallace piece, he definitely shouldn't have done it a second time as it was 1000x funnier when he last did it.

Though his comments on the IRA had me in tears :D.

The IRA piece is also old material which he has done before. He has recycled old skits of his all throughout both series.

Still loved both series though, good to see him back on the telly :)

Back
Top Bottom