*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

Associate
My replacement board is faulty. After about 20 hours testing every component it turned out to be an issue that only appeared when using higher spec graphics cards. Low spec ones worked fine.

I've RMA'd it and it's been confirmed as a fault and is being sent to ASUS for a replacement.

What a total pain this board has been, as I bought it in March and still don't have my system fully up and running.

Associate
Well I had to pick up my board in the end from UPS after 3 failed delivery attempts.

Not very happy with Asus as they had not put the the board in any additional packaging other than the motherboard box itself. They just put it in one of those plastic bag type envelopes!

- I expect better even from fleabay.

Does not help my resale value having a dented bashed in box.

I hope it actually works!

Associate
Got an email from my PC supplier asking me to arrange return of PC to have the mobo swapped. Luckily, they are just down the road from me, so no worries about damage during transit. Happy that the vendor is doing it, so I don't void any warranty doing it myself.

Associate
My replacement board is faulty. After about 20 hours testing every component it turned out to be an issue that only appeared when using higher spec graphics cards. Low spec ones worked fine.

I've RMA'd it and it's been confirmed as a fault and is being sent to ASUS for a replacement.

What a total pain this board has been, as I bought it in March and still don't have my system fully up and running.

Yeah my replacement was faulty also - end of the 3rd week without a computer and I'm £22 out on postage of the faulty part. It's a pity you cant complain to ASUS direct as I'd love to let them know how good they treat their customers :)

Soldato
Yeah my replacement was faulty also - end of the 3rd week without a computer and I'm £22 out on postage of the faulty part. It's a pity you cant complain to ASUS direct as I'd love to let them know how good they treat their customers :)

You could phone them up or email the guy running the swap program, adress is a page or two back.

I think you have the same odds of getting a faulty board back as you do when purchasing a new one. Just a shame that Asus's returns are not as good as others like Gigabyte.

Associate
Just thought people might like to know, I received an email from Jay Parmer asking for information about the current situation my end - where I was along the process - and stated:
"As from Monday 20th June 2011 they are in the process of coming to the end of this project. There after you will have to go through your retailer for swap."

So get on it if you have your label sitting at home like I did!

Associate
Just thought people might like to know, I received an email from Jay Parmer asking for information about the current situation my end - where I was along the process - and stated:
"As from Monday 20th June 2011 they are in the process of coming to the end of this project. There after you will have to go through your retailer for swap."

So get on it if you have your label sitting at home like I did!

I got the same email, i told him i was keeping my board, can't afford any downtime, its 100% stable & i don't need the defective ports at the moment.

I told him that i thought that overclockers wouldn't accept back the boards after the 20th if anything went wrong with them, they would have to be sent back to the manufacturer, can anyone clarify that ??

Soldato
Not being funny but why is it you can't afford any downtime whatsoever? It seems like such a strange thing to say when we're talking about consumer motherboards.

Associate
Gonna ring UPS tomorrow about pick up. Had to rip off some card board of the thing that goes over the motherboard in the box, could not put that thing in far enough. Do they send all stuff back even if you don't send your sata cables back?

Caporegime
Gonna ring UPS tomorrow about pick up. Had to rip off some card board of the thing that goes over the motherboard in the box, could not put that thing in far enough. Do they send all stuff back even if you don't send your sata cables back?

They should send you a new shiny box complete with everything.

Associate
I thought the UPS phone line was clever when it understood correctly my phone number and repeated it back to me. Was no so impressed when it didn't find anything to do with it :D. Talked to person and should get picked up tomorrow. Bit annoyed that you have to package it up when overclockers sent it to me in a dpd bag only whereas my z68 came in a cardboard box and air bag packing. They better send the new one in reasonable packaging.

Edit: Also the package weight on label says 1kg but I think it is heavier?

Soldato
I thought the UPS phone line was clever when it understood correctly my phone number and repeated it back to me. Was no so impressed when it didn't find anything to do with it :D. Talked to person and should get picked up tomorrow. Bit annoyed that you have to package it up when overclockers sent it to me in a dpd bag only whereas my z68 came in a cardboard box and air bag packing. They better send the new one in reasonable packaging.

Edit: Also the package weight on label says 1kg but I think it is heavier?

Had the same issue with the UPS phone line but the woman on the other end was very helpful.

Well that is OcUKs fault under packaging it, nothing to do with Asus. You'd have to package it up anyways if you sent it back to OcUK anyways.

Ignore the weight it is well over 1kg, but I had no problems. At least you are not paying for return postage!

Last edited:
Soldato
How long did you have to wait from them getting your board to your replacement turning up?

They got mine nearly 2 weeks ago but nothing has turned up yet and Jay hasn't replied to any of my emails.! :confused:

They have been sending them back the same day as they received them, unless of course yours is an unusual one, which they haven't got in stock for some reason.

I don't think that Jay's direct line phone number has been posted on here already, but if you drop me an email in Trust I will pass it on to you, and I am sure he will be able to sort things out for you. As has already been said on here, he is a very helpful chap.

You certainly shouldn't have been waiting that long though.

Soldato
Submitted the online form over the weekend.

Will i get another email with details about pickup date etc?

Just wondering when is best to take my motherboard out :)

Cheers.

Soldato
I just sent my board off yesterday. Last Tuesday i submitted my details, Thursday i received an A5 envelope with the DHL sticker / details of how to contact DHL for pickup. There's no email in the middle I don't think or my mailbox ate it.

Don't take the board out until the day / day before you have arranged pickup by DHL.

Back
Top Bottom