Unusual drink concoctions.

Consigliere
Him: Want a drink? I owe you a few!
Me: Yeah, can i have a double whiskey and lemonade please.
Him: Huh?
Me: ...
Him: Seriously?
Me: Yeah.

Anyone else love weird mixes? :o

Soldato
Jameson and cranberry juice. Got a weird look from the barman yesterday who said he'd never heard of that one before!

In fact I first came across it at the Jameson distillery in Dublin - when you get your free drink at the end you could have it with coke, with ginger ale, with cranberry juice, or neat.

Tried it with cranberry, was a taste sensation!

Soldato
My mother-in-law drinks Whisky and orange. And when I say orange I mean undiluted diluting orange juice, like Kia-Ora. 1 measure of whisky and about 5 measures of Kia-Ora, no water. She's a total weirdo.

Associate
laphroaig and coke...guess its not really strange but i called sacrilege when my girlfriend asked for that haha.

She also likes to drink one measure of Jack Daniels, 1 measure of Disoronno Ameretto and the rest coke. Tastes quiter nice actually hehe.

Soldato
There's two we've come up with recently that are quite nice;

The DogCat:

Vodka
Whiskey
Disarrono
Coke
Lemonade

The proportions are pretty important, mainly luck to be honest. It can either taste amazing, or horrible depending on how much of each you put in.

The Varcoe Biscuit:

Disarrono
Vodka
Lemonade
Coke
Beer
Cider (Preferably pear)

Traditionally served in a teacup. Again can taste lovely or disgusting depending on proportions.

Soldato
One of my friends used to drink Blue WKD & Guinness. Guinness floated on top of the WKD.

Looked bloody awful to me and bet it tasted it too, though I don't like Guinness anyway so wouldn't try it. They called it a Blue Genius - don't know if they made it up themselves or what.

Soldato
Him: Want a drink? I owe you a few!
Me: Yeah, can i have a double whiskey and lemonade please.
Him: Huh?
Me: ...
Him: Seriously?
Me: Yeah.

Anyone else love weird mixes? :o

What is so weird about that?

My dad sometimes adds a touch of lemonade to his whisky, kind of like adding water I guess?

Another favourite of his, is Whisky and American dry ginger.

Also Soco is really a liqueur, but it goes really well with lemonade and spash of lime cordial :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I quite like the following.

2 parts rough cider
1 part orange juice
1 part soda water

I don't drink it very often because it's just a complete pig to order. I've only met one bar maid who wasn't annoyed by this; and I later discovered she liked to drink Strongbow with a dash of orange squash.

Back
Top Bottom