Horizontal Pixelated Lines

Associate
Hey guys,

I've got a bit of a problem with what I think is my graphics card. Upon booting up my system everything runs smoothly, but as soon as I get past the Welcome screen I'm greeted with horizontal pixelated lines and the computer automatically reboots after a blue screen...I recall one of them saying something about Memory Management..

I'm running Windows 7 and this has never happened before. Do you guys think its time for a new gfx card? I've attached some photos, so hopefully everyone can get a better idea of what I'm on about (sorry about the bad lighting!!).

DSC04663.jpg

DSC04667.jpg

Soldato
does this only happen once windows has loaded or also on the loadup screens? if its only once in windows, could possibly be a driver corruption. if not, then prob time to get a new card :( or if oc'd, put it back to stock and try again. notice a windows shutdown error, does it BSOD, if so do you know the code?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the prompt reply guys. I've tried to reinstall the drivers (ATI Radeon X1950 PRO) and have not had any luck. In safe mode the computer is perfectly stable, but as soon as I boot into windows normally, the lines appear. And tbh they have gotten worse.

I think it's time to buy a new one :(

Associate
OP
Right, I finally have the funds to buy a new gfx card.

I haven't really been in touch with the hardware side of things for a while so please be patient. How realistic would it be to get a decent one which can run games such as Black ops for about 50 quid?

I have the following specs:

Processor:

1.80 gigahertz Intel Core Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready

Motherboard:

Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35C-DS3R
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

Memory:

2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory (DDR2 but allows DDR3)

I was thinking about getting one of these:

- OcUK GeForce GT 430 1024MB GDDR3 Low Profile PCI-Express Graphics Card [NEAT4300HD01-1081F]
- Gigabyte GeForce GT 430 OC "Dual Fan" 1024MB GDDR3 Low Profile PCI-Express Graphics Card [GV-N430OC-1GL]

Or would say its better to get a lower spec one and boost my memory?

Thanks again folks :)

Enrico

Associate
OP
Thanks for the link barmyllama.

I tried everything on there, including underclocking, placing an additional fan and updating the latest drivers but nothing worked :(

What do you make of the gfx cards I posted?

Soldato
Thanks for the link barmyllama.

I tried everything on there, including underclocking, placing an additional fan and updating the latest drivers but nothing worked :(

What do you make of the gfx cards I posted?

if you plan on gaming its not going to be great tbh. with only £50 its probably best to go second hand.

however, if you dont do any gaming then it will be just fine

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick reply Reaper. I'll be gaming occassionaly, but I mostly work on photoshop.

I've decided to go for this: MSI HD 4670 1GB GDDR3 DVI HDMI HDCP Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Nothing special but I'm guessing it should get the job done?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom