Random person paid £860 into PP

Soldato
Funny if it turned out to be an elaborate phishing scam, and now the op is in minus money.

It still can be if the person then proceeds to contact you and you give them a £861 payment rather than refunding the original payment (there's a difference).

The initial payment could be removed due to a fake credit card or something while your payment is genuine.

Associate
I would wait a couple of and see what happens. either PP or the person will contact you for their money back, in which case i would probably give it back. or you get a nice little bonus which you can share with us all

Associate
can't be bothered to read through the other posts but do the right thing and contact Paypal cos you'll only get found out in the end ....

Suspended
My zeros look fine

14unled.jp

Im calling fake tbh

Ot9B0.png

Mine are fine too, so I'm calling fake on this.

For clarification, I need the ID and PW of the Paypal Account in question, as well as any personal information linked to it.

Regards,
Ziddy1232
Bank of Nigeria

Associate
There are so many BS threads on GD its actually stupid. Last month we had "Hey guys I found 30k worth of platinum in a tin in my grandads garage wat do?" and that climaxed "Yea I asked a guy down the pub and its aluminium".. Couple of months before that we had "Yea Im 30 never kissed a girl and am a perpetual loner wat do?" this evolved into a "Pics of ur ugly face please" thread and then died.

And finally we had the legend that is Theophany and his "trolls". Faked a marriage, very very professional job and then bottled it last minute.

Welcome to General Discussion where threads dissapoint

/rant

Last edited:
Soldato
There are so many BS threads on GD its actually stupid. Last month we had "Hey guys I found 30k worth of platinum in a tin in my grandads garage wat do?" and that climaxed "Yea I asked a guy down the pub and its aluminium".. Couple of months before that we had "Yea Im 30 never kissed a girl and am a perpetual loner wat do?" this evolved into a "Pics of ur ugly face please" thread and then died.

And finally we had the legend that is Theophany and his "trolls". Faked a marriage, very very professional job and then bottled it last minute.

/rant

While there are many failures, there is the odd gem of a thread that more than makes up for it....

Associate

/rant

To get a grip on the situation, this is only a forum on the Internet, its hardly the G8 summit, the most life changing conversations topics you get in here is about how to cook a steak or what ply toilet paper do you buy.

If you couple this with the fact that most of what people say about themselves and their experiences is greatly exaggerated or complete make believe, or that they purely invent a story or a situation. But people do this mainly to entertain themselves and others, hell, thats what I do on GD because it entertains me during the working day.

Dont let this forum get to you and annoy you too much because like I said originally its only an Internet forum and isn't worth getting het up about.

Soldato
I refer you to the Theft Act http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/1

The OP has already completed the actus reus of theft, namely the appropriation of property belonging to another. Appropriation can include receiving money with the consent of the owner - R v Gomez.

The mens rea required is 'dishonesty' and an 'intention to permanently deprive'. Finders are only protected by s.2(1)(c) if they believe the owner cannot be traced by taking reasonable steps. Clearly this is not the case.

The Ghosh test for dishonesty is whether ordinary and reasonable people would consider the action dishonest, and whether the defendant realises that ordinary and reasonable people regard it as dishonest.

Personally, I would not like to stand before a jury and plead that I thought that most people would consider keeping £861 that I knew to be transferred in error to be honest.

I can vaguely remember a story where a lady was given a large sum of money in error by her bank and went on a spending spree, she was proscecuted.

Back
Top Bottom