Reeder now on the App Store

Soldato
Hey all,

I've been using the Reeder beta since it started - currently at beta 16, it is now ready for release and 1.0 is now on the App Store.

Just a little reminder :) It's the best RSS reader I've used - Been using it on my iPhone for ages, and now it's on the Mac it works just as well :)

Marky

Soldato
Saw that this morning.

I use Google reader which I find absolutely fine for reading my feeds.

What does Feeder do that's different and/or better?

essentially; why's it worth the price tag?

PR.

PR.

Associate
Been using the Beta for a while and really liked it, I was reasonably happy with the web version of Google Reader but Reeder app is just a really nice way of presenting the info.

I'm not sure I can give justification, it's just one of those things.

Associate
Saw that this morning.

Reeder is a desktop client for Google Reader and like others have said its the best around. Been using it on my iPhone and iPad for ages now and was also using the desktop beta since it came out. Looks and feels 10 times better than NNW.

Soldato
OP
Saw that this morning.

It's basically a desktop client of Google Reader - It's very well presented and very easy to read. If you like Google Reader, then I wouldn't worry about changing - but after using Reeder on the iPhone for over a year - I've fallen in love with the interface and it's ease of use :)

Soldato
I'd be lost without Reeder on the iPhone, and I've also used the beta after someone linked me on here. I probably won't buy it for a while though, just because RSS is one of those things I tend to do a lot more on my phone than my desktop.

Associate
Just my own personal opinion but I think Pulp is better. I absolutely love all the gestures with it - makes you feel like you're reading an actual newspaper when you use it.

Soldato
I have never used an RSS feed... Now setting up google reader and have added the BBC Football RSS...

The problem is Google Reader just displays hyperlinks and then takes me to the BBC, which is very annoying.

Does Reeder display the full article with videos, pics etc? or will it just open up Safari?

EDIT: Never mind, just bought it, it's awesome!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, maybe I'm being stupid here but I can't seem to see it on the App store:
Photo%2014-06-2011%2012%2002%2045.png

:o

Associate
I don't use this on iPad/iPhone as I tend to be browsing Twitter or working through my Instapaper list. That said I do consume RSS on my Macbook so have just switched over from Vienna to Google Reader + Reeder - lovely app.

Back
Top Bottom