David Cameron ordered out of Hospital by Surgeon : EPIC!

Soldato
Not really, they are his patients, they are under his care and he has to give them the best possible treatment and support he can in a safe and hygienic environment.

A surgeon doesn't really look after you on wards does he? It's a ward, run by nurses, and the hospital would've had to accept the visit by the PM.

What you saw was a guy with a problem, be that the crew or the PM, either way he should've handled himself better instead of stamping his feet and shouting like a crazed man.

All because of their sleeves? GTFO how many people walk in/out without washing their hands or rolling their sleeves, when I've been to visit I didnt get asked to roll my sleeve, who the hell does?

God complex as mentioned above comes into mind.

Soldato
Whilst he has a point from an infection control standpoint, he really did approach that awfully. No doubt he'll get investigated and probably disciplined for it by the top management due to making such a scene.

Man of Honour
[FnG]magnolia;19376161 said:
I don't think you're familiar with how hospitals or clinicians operate :)

Why don't you enlighten me then, I haven't had an argument in a hospital... yet. :p

Caporegime
A surgeon doesn't really look after you on wards does he? It's a ward, run by nurses, and the hospital would've had to accept the visit by the PM.

What you saw was a guy with a problem, be that the crew or the PM, either way he should've handled himself better instead of stamping his feet and shouting like a crazed man.

All because of their sleeves? GTFO how many people walk in/out without washing their hands or rolling their sleeves, when I've been to visit I didnt get asked to roll my sleeve, who the hell does?

Of course they do. Your surgeon is still your consultant, he'll still come check up on your post op unless he is busy with something. He is the one that performed it after all and will be the one with the most knowledge of how your recovery should be going and what things should look like! Have you never been to a hospital?!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Whilst he has a point from an infection control standpoint, he really did approach that awfully. No doubt he'll get investigated and probably disciplined for it by the top management due to making such a scene.

I doubt it.

If he's not been informed he can't be held responsible for getting annoyed at a bunch of 'potential infections', especially when they were mulling about even the PM had to usher them out quite assertively and they weren't moving that responsive really..

Soldato

Yes because of sleeves!! Ties are a no-no too now; hell i stopped wearing one on the wards years ago.

Sleeves / ties anything that can come into contact from patient to patient have to be removed, hands washed between patients etc (although you should do that anyway). Infection control audit everything - they will be hiding behind curtains like spies seeing if you wash your hands, have your watches off etc etc.

Soldato
I doubt it.

If he's not been informed he can't be held responsible for getting annoyed at a bunch of 'potential infections', especially when they were mulling about even the PM had to usher them out quite assertively and they weren't moving that responsive really..

There was tonnes of staff members observing what was going on in the ward and he could have told any of them to remove the film crew and get the rest of the "essential visitors" in the room to adhere to the infection control protocols. He didn't have to wade in shouting the odds like some school yard bully and then have a hissy fit and leave. Wasn't professional at all.

Soldato
Of course they do. Your surgeon is still your consultant, he'll still come check up on your post op unless he is busy with something. He is the one that performed it after all and will be the one with the most knowledge of how your recovery should be going and what things should look like! Have you never been to a hospital?!

I've had many operations, I'm disabled after all, but my point is that he may have been doing his rounds but the care is released back to the ward, the ward & it's staff are in charge and should have along, with the management, taken charge of the situation, he clearly felt people were interfering / stepping on his patch as it were...and he wanted to make a point, be it a bit OTT.

Soldato
I think he was well within his rights to get upset about it, he looked like a man about to explode with stress and not thinking clearly rather than someone having a hissy fit or a god complex.

I get entirely fed up of seeing these damned photo opportunities...oh look there's an MP standing in a hospital, oh look there's one reading to kids in a school, oh look there's one failing miserably to play OAP skittles...none of it is 'real' it's all manufactured photo op rubbish...maybe that's what he got angry about, they were doing their media circus routine in a place that was entirely inappropiate.

Associate
I know not many people like him and all (even I dont really) but I think the surgeon was just down right rude. I mean have some respect, he's the Prime minister for goodness sake

Soldato
I don't see why he couldn't just explain to them that they are breaking protocol and that they must leave immediately to reduce the risk of transferring infection. Instead, of "BARK BARK GET OUT BARK BARK"

And that if they wish to return, it has to be in visiting hours, sleeves must be sorted and no ties must be worn.

Soldato
should have punched him, then reclaimed the means of production, turn to the camera, rip his shirt open revealing a ripped bod and done a poop on nick clegg

Back
Top Bottom