David Cameron ordered out of Hospital by Surgeon : EPIC!

Associate
I dont see how he was shouting at DC? The only people he told to leave were the film crew and DC just looked a bit intimidated and agreed that they should go.

To be honest, bone infections are *really* tough to treat and infected joint replacements are an absolute nightmare. Antibiotics don't penetrate bone well to treat infections.

Google `stryker suit` to find out what the operating team wear to try to reduce infection during the operation itself. If a replacement gets infected, there is a high chance of them having to remove the new joint and put spacers back in (leaving patient with no joint), then after months of antibiotics a new joint is put back in. This replacement will then not be as good as the original and will develop problems far quicker than the original. Thats why ortho teams are strict on hygeine.

*having said that the guy didn't have to get as worked up as he did

Last edited:
Soldato
Exactly, he could have popped his head round the door and said “guys, this is really against our strict infection policy, would you mind doing XYZ or some of you will have to leave”. He didn’t though, he saw his opportunity for his 15 mins of fame and grabbed it with both hands. Job done tbh.

Soldato
He didnt order Cameron out, he was displaying his quite frankly laughable people skills by throwing a pathetic paddy when he wanted the camera crew to leave.

Man of Honour
I dont know if you have worked in the NHS or hospital, but we get bent over backwards and abused for not being 'bare below the elbows'. There are people employed (infection control) who walk around hospitals, and have great satisfaction in telling doctors they are in the wrong.

This guy is head of orthopaedics - if any of his patients end up with an MRSA or another infection the buck ends with him and his ward, and the ward/department could get black marked or fined. Also bear in mind wound infections are hard to get rid of, and not something you want against your name. So i feel he has every right to shout, especially as its in the patients best interest.

I do work in a hospital and I've even made an award winning Infection Control film and all I can say is if the Consultant wants to start up that path then why aren't they stopping visitors going into wards with their arms covered?
Just saying like.
If I was David Cameron I'd be doing some covert filming in that ward filming all the visitors who don't follow protocol.

Soldato
I think he was well within his rights to get upset about it, he looked like a man about to explode with stress and not thinking clearly rather than someone having a hissy fit or a god complex.

I get entirely fed up of seeing these damned photo opportunities...oh look there's an MP standing in a hospital, oh look there's one reading to kids in a school, oh look there's one failing miserably to play OAP skittles...none of it is 'real' it's all manufactured photo op rubbish...maybe that's what he got angry about, they were doing their media circus routine in a place that was entirely inappropiate.

As much as i like DC i have to completely agree with this post..

The bit that made me really rage is that woman who was trying to usher him out!! The nerve of that woman!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Why don't you enlighten me then, I haven't had an argument in a hospital... yet. :p

Think of Brian Clough but with more of an ego and you might be getting there. :p

Having just watched it the manner it was done seemed a shade unnecessary even if the point might have been reasonable. Not convinced it was reasonable though given that most visitors to hospitals don't get told they aren't clean enough so unless it was a particularly filthy bunch of people (insert joke about politicians here) or the patients were especially vulnerable it seems slightly over the top.

Soldato
Cameron would have been the one grandstanding in parliament demanding more NHS reforms if a ward had appeared on the news with a sudden outbreak of a nasty bug.

Guy was in the right, although he could have been more diplomatic about it.

Soldato
ITV fail said:
Ad-blocking software detected
Our systems have detected that there may be software on your computer that filters out adverts. If you have such filtering software on your computer, please disable it now as it also prevents you from watching video on ITV.com.

Bite me.

Back
Top Bottom