Xenons on in during the day...

Soldato
Ahh! We had a Polo as a courtesy car a couple of weeks ago. We found it rather strange that the sidelights setting was dimmer than when set to off. Thought that there was an electrical fault or something. :o

Ah you can feel my pain, lol.

Try holding the indicator as if you're turning left and in the flash (pull) as you turn the car on then hold for about 5 seconds, this turns off the DRL system in VAG cars currently (will make a beep / chime so you know it's worked). If it's not hold left it will be right, can't remember which way it is and I think it's reversed for RHD anyway.

Will give this a try man :)

Soldato
Can't see the point, in daylight you can barely tell if someone's lights are even on, not really more visible at all imo.

Hids in projectors are very visible during the day to look at and I can even see them lighting up signs ahead as I go over bumps.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The only time I'll have my headlights on during the day is if I'm on a motorway with a lot of tunnels and I can't be arsed to turn them on and off constantly, or if it's raining/foggy/dusk/dark.

Having said that, when I was in rural Norway, everyone has DRLs and you can spot them miles away. Very useful there, but I can't see it being particularly helpful in cities. If anything it makes it worse because of all the tosspots with badly adjusted headlights :mad:

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Hate people who drive around with HIDs on during the day, especially if it's raining where they cause more dazzle than the muppets who drive around in the rain with rear fogs. Even if it's not raining I find that the lights make it harder to judge the other car's speed/distance

Sidelights and proper DRLs (Volvo etc.) aren't so bad for me personally, though the new LED type are quite annoying due to their excessive brightness, however there's the age old issue of DRLs making pedestrians and cyclists less likely to be spotted as drivers get used to cars always being lit.

Soldato
I have my lights on in the day if its stormy/cloudy/raining, simply because of the amount of times i've had people pull out into my lane (silver car). Almost all bikers use the headlight no matter of what time/weather it is.

Man of Honour
Set on auto - which means I have to manually turn them on when it's raining and grey :rolleyes: :p

Doesn't bother me that people drive with their lights on, on my bike I have the lights on all the time. :)

Back
Top Bottom