iphone 4 Battery Problem

Associate
upgraded from 3gs 16gb to iphone 4 & noticed a big problem with the battery.

my 3gs needed charging approx every 3-5 days, my new iphone 4 needs charging every day:mad:

Could the battery be faulty?
usage patterns have not chaged.

Soldato
Sounds normal, mine has to be charged daily, sometimes twice daily depending on what I use it for. It's pretty crap.

Soldato
To be honest it sounds like you were getting abnormally long battery life with your 3GS and as such your expectations are set way too high! I've had 3x 3GS handsets and they've all lasted around 1.5 days tops and I'm not a big phone user either. I always have 3G data turned off and my screen brightness turned down quite low.

Try turning the brightness down on your screen and 3G off and see if that helps. If not then I'd suggest taking it in to an Apple store rather than O2 as Apple have much better diagnostic tools.

Associate
I had exactly the same problem with my 4 when I first had it (launch day last year), you could literally see the battery ticking down as you was staring at the home screen. I took it to the apple store and they said there wasn't a problem with it and tried turning off notifications, push etc which I had already tried myself and still the problem persisted. I decided that I would give it a few weeks and see if it got better.

After a few weeks of annoying daily charges the battery seemed to improve dramatically and now I only charge it once every 3 days or so and that's with push etc turned on. I don't know if the battery has to bed in or something but if you give it time it will improve.

Soldato
I'd say you have three options:

* wait and see if it improves
* try and blag a replacement from the Apple store
* restore it and set it up as a new phone, to rule out any configuration issues

Yep, i'm amazed you were getting 3-5 days on a 3GS, seems far too long and way out of what you would normally expect

I could get 4-5 days with my 3G (on the older OSes, and before the battery wore out!) That was with fairly minimal usage, though.

Back
Top Bottom