The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Soldato
Hi All,

I'm unsure if i've read this or not anywhere but;

I'm about to come out of FE Education and go into HE Education in September, and I'd like to grab the HE Discount now - I thought I had read that if you can prove you have been accepted by an establishment (via UCAS or whatever) then you can get the discount?

So if this is true then I assume I can go into an Apple Store with a letter and grab the discount?

Soldato
I was in uni this morning and the page didn't work, glad to see it's sorted now and it wasn't just me!

@Bucket: Yes you can get the discount now, I'm not sure exactly how you need to prove it though.

Associate
If you can get discount before actually going to university this would be helpful as I'm looking at getting a MBP, Can it only be used in-store though to receive discount?

Edit: Just seen the new iMac's and they look nice, A lot cheaper than the MBP but less portable :( (To carry around with)

Last edited:
Soldato
If you can get discount before actually going to university this would be helpful as I'm looking at getting a MBP, Can it only be used in-store though to receive discount?

You can always phone them, then they'll simply ask you to email proof of acceptance within 14 days of purchase.

Associate
You can always phone them, then they'll simply ask you to email proof of acceptance within 14 days of purchase.

Thanks for the reply on that :)

When I go to order over the phone what sort of things should I be asking? Am I eligible for AppleCare etc? As I don't want to miss out on things that I could potentially gain :)

Associate
Yes on Applecare. You can buy Applecare up to 1 year after purchase date anyway. And on the phone you don't get the cheapy Applecare included, only regular 1 year. Online is where you get the cheapy Applecare.

Associate
Yes on Applecare. You can buy Applecare up to 1 year after purchase date anyway. And on the phone you don't get the cheapy Applecare included, only regular 1 year. Online is where you get the cheapy Applecare.

That's a shame :(

I will only be able to order over the phone as I'm not on campus yet (Start in Sept)

Associate
Frozo I may be slightly incorrect, AbsenceJam says you get the 3 year warranty, but I didn't get that in 2009.
I did..
That's a shame :(

I will only be able to order over the phone as I'm not on campus yet (Start in Sept)
I ordered over the phone (Mac Mini) and got AppleCare warranty in 2009 when I bought it standard HE. Didn't pay any extra.

Back
Top Bottom