*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Soldato
So in a nutshell, they were too lazy to port it to the Desire even though people on XDA have already done it. They saw the backlash and have now decided that it can be ported.

Oh dear.

Soldato
Good news

Professor-Farnsworth.jpg

Soldato
Hi guys, i want an updated Sense ROM on my Desire. I've got 2.1 on there at the moment, NextSense i think, and wonder whether i should go for a 2.3 ROM or LeeDroid or what? Any advice?

B@

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Sorry, only just seen this. I got mine back eventually, but it just turned up, I had no idea it had been fixed and sent back to me. the tracker online still said "in testing" then a UPS delivery truck turned up.

THEY'VE LOST MY DESIRE!!! Not impressed lol

They have offered me a Desire S as an replacement but told them I'm not happy with that as it doesn't have a AMOLED screen. Trying to get a Sensation off them now as a compromise :D

EDIT: They wouldn't budge and If I wanted to escalate it any further I would have to write a letter to HTC head office dragging it out further so settled on the Desire S but I did give them a right grilling and told them I was going to switch to Samsung in the future hehe

Last edited:
Soldato
Insertcoin was nice, but I stopped using it because of the camera bug, unless it's been fixed? Record a video in portrait, and then playing it back distorts the video.

Tried MIUI for a week recently, and whilst it's really pretty to look at, it just seems too slow compared to other roms.

Settled on CM7 nightlies again. Using CM7r2 hboot so I've got my whole memory card free and apps are stored internally.

Soldato
Insertcoin was nice, but I stopped using it because of the camera bug, unless it's been fixed? Record a video in portrait, and then playing it back distorts the video.

Tried MIUI for a week recently, and whilst it's really pretty to look at, it just seems too slow compared to other roms.

Settled on CM7 nightlies again. Using CM7r2 hboot so I've got my whole memory card free and apps are stored internally.

I do recall the camera bug you mentioned but I think that was fixed some time ago.... it certainly doesnt happen now plus it has loads more nice little tweaks etc to it such as the panoramic stitch mode :D

Soldato
I do recall the camera bug you mentioned but I think that was fixed some time ago.... it certainly doesnt happen now plus it has loads more nice little tweaks etc to it such as the panoramic stitch mode :D

Think I'm going to wait until I get a Class 10 SD card before I try it again :)

Associate
I'm thinking about flashing to a different ROM, either Cyanogenmod or Leedroid, do I need s-off to do so? I'm all ready rooted as far as superuser permissions go but haven't touched the radio. If so, which is the easiest/safest way to do so?

Back
Top Bottom