Duke Nukem Forever, PC or PS3?

Associate
Hi,
I used to play Duke Nukem 3D all the time on PC and loved it.

My gf has bought me it on PS3 and i don't know whether to swap it for a PC game instead...

The only thing is my computer is on the lowest recommended specs...
AMD X2 3800+ 2.0Ghz, can be overclocked
2gb ddr
7800GT can be overclocked.

I do not want to invest in a new PC for this lol.

PC or PS3?
:p

Also if anyone has a link for the demo that wud be great, can't seem to find one!

Cheers

Associate
Googling "duke nukem forever demo" suggest fileplanet amongst other has the new game demo, but I think it's from over a year ago? Do you really want it? it's getting some awful reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/Duke+Nukem+Forever/results
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=Duke+Nukem+Forever&numrev=3&site=

However it should just barely run on your PC: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Duke-...-Specs-Steam-Gearbox-Software,news-35522.html
MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.0 Ghz
  • Memory: 1 GB
  • Hard Drive: 10 GB free
  • Video Memory: 256 MB
  • Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7600 / ATI Radeon HD 2600
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATIONS

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.6 GHz
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 10 GB free
  • Video Memory: 512 MB
  • Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS / ATI Radeon HD 3850
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Google "duke nukem 3d demo" - it's probably better value, and the full game is only £3.70 on GoG anyway: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/duke_nukem_3d_atomic_edition

Minimum system requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1.8 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), 2GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just try the demo out then make up your own mind. We all know the reviews are full of angsty bellends trashing it for every single reason they can.

Soldato
Plenty of people are enjoying it for what it is. Reviewers were never going to give this game a fair shake and the retardedly low scores just show that.

This tbh. Seems most the reviewers realised they'd get more people reading complete panning of it, and in turn more revenue. End of the day, very few of them have ever cared about a fair score, it's how many users you can get to view as many adverts as possible. What better way than "lolol check out this review, they totally panned the new Duke game".

It's a pretty enjoyable game still, half the ragey toss it seems to be collecting isn't exactly justified. It's not perfect, but as it's own entity without relying on pent up hype and expectations, it's fun.

Lots of people going "judging by reviews..." or "this looks", and writing it off without any actual experience playing it.

Last edited:
Associate
Common sense: swap it for Bulletstorm which is 100x more fun, then get DNF in a few months when its half the price it is now.

This.

When I got Bulletstorm I got sucked in and played it because it was fun with all the combos and stuff.

But I am about 3-4 hours in DNF and it feel likes a chore to play it because it is not that engaging.

Associate
OP
The demo on fileplanet isn't really a demo, if you go to download it it's only 20mb and the files called 'aprilfools' lol!

I love FPS games on PC but I guess I might have to keep it on PS3 tbh, due to me definitely not upgrading lol!

Any chance I can run a mouse and keyboard on the PS3? :p

Im not too bothered at how good it is, I loved the old one and wanna give it a chance haha, the jokes and cheeseyness of it just make me laugh!

Back
Top Bottom