Baby head pueple turnip when code brown strain. Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
She's 10 months old.

Whenever she goes for a 'code brown' (think 'nappy filling') her head turns completely red, then purple and the veins on her head stick out about 4mm. Her head kinda looks like a body building sunburnt turnip.

It's kinda messed up. She goes all serious, in dead silence, and doesn't breath for about 20 seconds before the event. I'm sure her head increases +5% in size during this 20 second 'build up'. It's mental.

Oh, and when they come out, they look exactly like 2 or 3 burnt roast potatoes. Is that normal?

Last night I tried to do a 'reverse upside-down heinlich manouver' on her to help her out. Put my hands round her waist and squeezed gently round, then moved them down her in several short spasms. Didn't work though, just seemed to kind of annoy her TBH.

Anyone else have a baby girl whose head turns bright purple with bulging veins to indicate she's having a code brown? Is this normal? Yesterday she was concentrating so hard spit started kind of flying out of the sides of her mouth and she made this kind of mumbling 'meditation' noise as she finally had joy.

Don't think she's constipated .. she always manages the birth of the burnt roast potatoes ...?? Are all babies this -- er -- way ...?

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like she isn't getting enough fluid? My son (now almost 3) only ever strained when he was constipated through dehydration.

So if every dump is this way I would say to investigate diet and water intake.

Associate
Go see your GP.
No medical threads.

Sounds like she isn't getting enough fluid? My son (now almost 3) only ever strained when he was constipated through dehydration.

So if every dump is this way I would say to investigate diet and water intake.

See above, I would go see a GP as I dont think it is normal, my 18 month old only ever done this when she was constipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom