replacement for corsair h50

Associate
hi guys,

lookin to replace the h50 in my pc as it has an annoying hum from the pump. since i cant really hear the fans in my case am thinking of going aircooled instead. read up about the thermalright venomous x silent edition and also the bequiet darkpower advanced (or something). these seem to be amongst the quietest. Would appreciate some opinions on these and any others you can recommend, thanks

Associate
Out of those two I'd go for the BeQuiet! Just because I've heard more good things about it than the other one (Plus, it ain't half a sexy looking piece of kit! ).
The thermalright has very low rpm fans which makes it so silent, obviously this hinders cooling ability.

Associate
Im also on the look out of upgrading from my stock cpu cooler. I have been looking at the hydro and coolit series, but tbh i really dont fancy going down the water cooled route again, last time i done that i ended up ripping it all out.

I take it you mean the BeQuiet dark rock? does look nice, but a bit pricy, i myself is looking to spend around £30, maybe £40 at a push, im sure there are others out there. So i will be looking at what others recommend.

Just found this, got good reviews. I like the look of it.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-072-AK&tool=3

Last edited:
Associate
The Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro is a lot better than the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced but both of them have horrible mounting systems (They do look pretty sexy though :p)

The best air coolers on the market at the moment are the Noctua D14 and Thermalright Silver Arrow - I would suggest the Silver Arrow as it's ~£20 cheaper than the Noctua whilst giving similar temps :)

Associate
I must say i do like the look of the D14, looks similar to the silver arrow.

Ive notice that these designs, twin fan with one in the middle seem to have good ratings. Do they come apart easy enough for cleaning tho, that middle fan is not fixed in there is it?

Soldato
The best air coolers on the market at the moment are the Noctua D14 and Thermalright Silver Arrow - I would suggest the Silver Arrow as it's ~£20 cheaper than the Noctua whilst giving similar temps :)

but the noctua mounting system is better and the d-14 looks better i think :)

Associate
but the noctua mounting system is better and the d-14 looks better i think :)

Really? I think the SA looks better....:)

To be honest they both have got ugly stock fans, but even if the D14 did look better (as it might to the OP too) and with a better mounting system, I don't think that's worth the extra £20 - obviously others may disagree :)

Soldato
Silver arrow - excellent results and a great price.

Fitted one the other day to a friends system and will be getting one for my rig very soon as i think i'll be able to run the fans at 75% (max) and still get the results i'm after.

Back
Top Bottom