Little help with my home network

Associate
Hi there,

I have a folder with Films & TV Shows on this computer (the main desktop) which I would like to share with any other device connected to the home network.

For example the desktop computer downstairs which is connected to the TV, I would like it to access my media folders/program files off my desktop computer upstairs.

I've messed around with the network sharing settings but can't seem to get it to work. I'm sure there are some simple steps to do this so if anyone can help that would be fantastic!

Associate
hi m8,
the way i did it with my laptop was create a homegroup with my main pc and get the other computers to join

i had a lot of trouble with this at first its just a simple pword setup but if u get wrong pword all the time just check the times and dates on the computers are the same
then just allow sharing for the folders

theres probably other ways but this worked for me

Associate
OP
Yeah I've been messing around with the Homegroup settings and can't seem to get it working. I've created a Homegroup on this computer but how do I join it on other computers?

The computer downstairs doesn't seem to have Ipv6 or whatever it's called so doesn't have network access, is there a way to fix that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom