Poll: Do you open your partner's/wife's mail?

Do you open your partner's/wife's mail?

• As man of the house I open all mail.

Votes: 34 8.6%
  • Who ever gets there first opens it.

Votes: 48 12.1%
  • We only open our own mail.

Votes: 208 52.5%
  • Only if it is a delivery of pancakes.

Votes: 106 26.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
I open both our mail, she opens mine too if she gets to it first....we've both got nothing to hide.

I've got nothing to hide neither has my wife but it's her mail and I don't open it. Same goes for mine.

"What's that, dear?"
"Oh just another letter from <insert-name>"
*tosses letter at wife*

There has to be some boundaries in life.

Man of Honour
In the past when I lived with my ex I would but only with her consent, or if she was expecting something. Household bills were addressed to me (although we had a joint account) - so generally I opened them. Private mail though was always left alone (again unless I was asked to open any mail for her).

We had no secrets or anything to hide from one another - if she wanted something private she'd get it sent to work though (i.e. presents ;) :D) :)

Soldato
We open our own, although my other half will often leave mail unopened for weeks in which case I will open it to bin, shred or file.

Course my 3 year old sees any post as fair game if she reaches the letter box first.

Soldato
I only open my own but if its addressed to her and i know thats its something to do with both of us that weve been waiting for then i'd open it.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;19442727 said:
Wait, what? Is this even a thing anymore?

Yes. :p

I tend to open all the mail for the simple fact that my mrs leaves it all for me. I'm the man, and therefore such things as bills and other official letters (education, housing, politics etc) are 'my job'. Anything more personal looking (eg handwritten and directly addressed) is opened by the intended recipient usually.

We have no secrets, and trust each other. Why on earth would we worry which one of us got to the mail? :o It just so happens that it's usually left to me. lol

Soldato
Whoever gets there first opens it. My wife used to complain at me if I didn't open her mail! 100% of the time post is things like bills, wage slips, letters from doctor/ opticians, parcels etc It is basically household admin, there is nothing private and it is therefore logical that either of us could open the mail.

This is very different from reading emails - that is much more likely to be private. I would never read my wife's emails or expect her to read mine.

Soldato
Yes. :p

I tend to open all the mail for the simple fact that my mrs leaves it all for me. I'm the man, and therefore such things as bills and other official letters (education, housing, politics etc) are 'my job'. Anything more personal looking (eg handwritten and directly addressed) is opened by the intended recipient usually.

We have no secrets, and trust each other. Why on earth would we worry which one of us got to the mail? :o It just so happens that it's usually left to me. lol

Exactly. I don't care if she opens my mail I have nothing to hide and nothing interesting comes in the mail apart from bills etc.

Whoever gets to it first opens it.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Whoever gets there first opens it. My wife used to complain at me if I didn't open her mail! 100% of the time post is things like bills, wage slips, letters from doctor/ opticians, parcels etc It is basically household admin, there is nothing private and it is therefore logical that either of us could open the mail.

This is very different from reading emails - that is much more likely to be private. I would never read my wife's emails or expect her to read mine.

exactly the same..her phone and her laptop are hers..neither of us care about the mail and to be honest neither of us care about the phones or computers..she uses my mac if she is upstairs and wants a computer, same as if I am in the sitting room and cannot be arsed to drag myself of the sofa

the same with phones, if hers is in her handbag in the kitchen I will just chuck mine over if its close and vice versa..been together 20 years so theres nothing we care to hide..I love that we trust each other to this extent, seen many couples consumed by deception and paranoia/jealosy

Back
Top Bottom