How much to charge for PC help

Associate
if they are going to be buying all the parts for you to put together i would charge about 20 odd quid.

if you were buying all the parts i would add a bit to the cost of the parts and not charge them as much say £10 and overall make a bit more.
this is a bit sneaky though

Associate
£25 to talk requirements over, £15 an hour for the build, compulsory £10 testing fee once it's up (partially to cover the costs of imaging their machine). Remember to get an email address and check up on them after a week to make sure everything is ok, means you'll be their go-to guy when poop hits the fan (it will).

Don't give it away for free, you will get taken for a ride over and over.

Soldato
I charged £20/hour. Some people used to tell me that was quite expensive until I started quoting local IT firms charging £70-£130/hour for the same thing..... suddenly I was a great deal!

I used to charge a flat fee of £75 to setup any PC/laptop from new, roughly 3.5 hours work (discounted my time).

Hardware/Software markup isn't worthwhile, plus I used to give receipt from OC or D@bs to client and let them resolve any issues themselves..... bit obvious when you hand them the receipt and they can see you made £50 on a PC as well as your time!

Back
Top Bottom