Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Bare in mind that that is a mod, therefore it only gives a view slightly similar to what will be in BF3.

But why do people think its a crappy feature...? I don't quite understand that?

Do you think that if a gun is being fired at you, but you don't get hit, nothing should happen??

If you think that, just go play something dumbed down like call of duty.

I love what they are doing with battlefield, they are really taking a step up and breaking new ground in first person shooters, bi-pods, suppression effects and sniper rifle breathing are usually just left to mods, not full commercial games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you think that if a gun is being fired at you, but you don't get hit, nothing should happen??

No, if a gun is fired at me, I get hit by the bullets or I hit the gunner.

What else would happen? My face would get sweaty and I'd crap my pants?

If you think that, just go play something dumbed down like call of duty.

OK, Boss.

I love what they are doing with battlefield, they are really taking a step up and breaking new ground in first person shooters, bi-pods, suppression effects and sniper rifle breathing are usually just left to mods, not full commercial games.

And a lover you are.

Associate
No, if a gun is fired at me, I get hit by the bullets or I hit the gunner.

What else would happen? My face would get sweaty and I'd crap my pants?

OK, Boss.

And a lover you are.

Lol wut?

Yes you'd crap your pants, but how can you simulate that in a game?

They have to add an effect to make you want to get behind cover! If you have no inclination to get behind cover, then there is no point in suppressive fire.

Caporegime
Oh and Tefal, they are stopping quick scoping, but long range sniping will be more skill-full, not impossible.

No they're not.

Pressing a button to artificially increase your accuracy does not add skill it simply adds a time delay.

that's all they've done reduce a camping snipers RoF which for most is already very low when they reduce it any more it means snipers cant kill fast enough to be useful unless the spawn rate is reduced.

Or conversely up the sniper rifles to a 1 hit kill body shot which ironical will destroy their only reason for adding the breath holding (to reduce camping, and worryingly that reason was given as an issue because the consoles were getting prone) because it will encourage more to do it for an easy high kdr (but not kill rate).

as for the rest of your rant.

You want realism?

ok fine, no more sprint for more than a short distance, when you stop sprinting after a fair distance your aim with assault rifle will be massively off as you're breathing is throwing it off (heck if breathing is throwing off a prone sniper at 150m you're tried ass is going to be wobbly as hell).

Also gonna have to get rid of spawning on your squad, teleporters haven't been invented yet.

What exactly is less realistic, a man popping up from cover to fire back, as they've done in many wars heck by you're logic the men on dday would have never left England let alone the boats, or you pinnign a man down then another man magically appearing next to him immune from bullets who then turns around and shoots you in the face?

But personally i want BF a game that's not a mil sim.

And lets face it most of these changes are balanced towards boosting the game and improving it for spammers who rarely get a hit.

If you've got a guy pinned down when he pops his head out you should shoot him, before he is able to look all around and find you, if you can't that's your problem you shouldn't expect the game to artificialy reduce his abilities to make up for your lack of skill.

although i reckon by the time the game is out of beta the suppression will be reduced to nothing more than a XP point bonus no screen effect.

Still quick scoping isn;t a massive issue for me, I don't use the scope ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Suppression is here to stay, its going to be a great mechanic and a great addition to battlefield, but lets just wait to see the beta I'm sure we will all be happy! :)

Soldato
I'm going to be genuinely miffed if this suppressive fire thing results in my screen blurring every time random bullets pass by.

I think it's uncalled for, if I hear bullets in my vicinity I'm going to take cover anyway.

Man of Honour
I think it's uncalled for, if I hear bullets in my vicinity I'm going to take cover anyway.

This is the problem however, you naturally react that way because you're that type of player - the Battlefield type of player. They're trying to tempt the COD crowd - who are not quite like yourself - while not dumbing the game down so much that they lose their original fan base. It's going to be a difficult task!

Associate
I'm going to be genuinely miffed if this suppressive fire thing results in my screen blurring every time random bullets pass by.

I dont think you need to worry, single bullets wont do much, but heavy fire will, check out the sniper on the roof section of the fault line video to see what a single sniper would do.

Caporegime
im all for the sand/dust being disturbed by bullets and mortor shell's but the idea of "line of sight" going all hazy is just stupid, i've always never under stood why dev's pick this method :\

they chose it cause it dumbs the game for the cod newbs and to give an advantage (or at least a balance) to the people that will come from cod bc2 etc and are used to the recoilless laser rifles and just spray full auto at anything that moves.

So when they start spraying while the other guy took time to aim his screen will be disturbed so that he doesn't just end them with his first 3 shots and then leave them coming on to the ea forums going "whaaa i fire a full clip and he doesn't die then he fires 2 shots and i die hit reg sucks" because the concept of aim and recoil is so difficult to grasp for most players.

An d as it gives points this is so turning into constant prone lmg spam sat on top of ammo boxes.

Associate
Regarding prone leading to possibly worse camping styles of play - I wonder if like in BC2 a snipers bullet will leaves a projectile smoke trail? I find this a useful way to locate snipers camping on the maps.

Associate
Its been confirmed that snipers scopes lens will glint revealing their position. Tefal really?! How is the realistic and valuable addition of suppression catering for the cod newbs? Surely more realism, to a point, is a good thing?

I think you should reserve judgement on suppression until you see it in action, I've played games with the effect in it (namely Darkest Hour) and it really adds to the immersion/tension when under fire, and in no way ruins my ability to kill people, it just means you have to move around behind cover and shoot them from a different position

Caporegime
why is suppression a thin for the COD newbs ?

its something that COD doesn't have. If anything its a greater push towards realism, away from what the COD franchise is about.

because it allows people who spray and pray to compete with people who aim.

How is the realistic and valuable addition of suppression catering for the cod newbs? Surely more realism, to a point, is a good thing?

Bullets going somewhere near you doesn't stop your eyes from working properly.

You want realism, remove parachutes, make the sniper rifle actually have less drop than the assault rifles not the other way around.

let engineers only carry a tiny amount of rockets only one if they're using a disposable one.

Its been confirmed that snipers scopes lens will glint revealing their position.

I's amazing that out of all the classes the "sniper/marksman" class is the least competent when it comes to well being a marksman isn't it?

seems a tad unrealistic that a sniper would forget such basic things as preventing his scope from glinting.

(namely Darkest Hour) a

I'm going to guess darkest hour doesn't have 90% of the players using full auto weapons?

Presumably then for "realism" when a rocket or tank shell flies past your guy will go blind and have a stroke?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom