• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is your Back Up Card?

Soldato
What a false economy this is.

BRB buying back up toaster.

I don't think many people specifically go out and buy a backup graphics card, they just keep an older (but still working) graphics card they have previously upgraded from and don't feel it's worth the hassle of selling/binning.

As for the need of having a backup graphics card - as I mentioned before the graphics card is one of the most likely parts in your PC to fail and an RMA turnaround time is usually 1-2 weeks. If you have a backup GPU then you can use your desktop in that time. Similar idea to keeping a spare tyre in your car.

Soldato
Id be pretty ****ed if all three of my 480's died at the same time. At the moment I have 2 gtx 295's waiting for someone to buy them so could use them, but id probably not bother and just use my spare PC which has a 465 modded to a 475 in it, 4gb and a quad core, so is fine for 1080p gaming on the tele :D

If it all got robbed, id go to either my work laptop Nvidia 310m I3 jobby, or my personal one which is dual core intel and 8600gt m

Back
Top Bottom