Can You touch your Toes?

Soldato
I am 6'4 and can easily when I'm warm, and have friends that are 6'10 that can put both their hands flat against the bottom of their feet at the same time (over the top of their feet), so no, height has **** all to do with it. Keep stretching them regularily and you'll be able to do it in not much time at all.

I play basketball at national level and used to at international, stretching is a big part of the routine and makes a massive difference generally to posture etc.

I'm 6'4" and can touch the floor without any issues.

Which league do you play for? The team I manage has been promoted to Div3 in the EBL and I'm sure we've got a game your way.

Soldato
Can get palms flat on the floor just about, so touching toes is easy. Straight legs of course, is a bit of an intense stretch feeling though! :eek:

Soldato
No. Surprised at how many can!

If I keep trying will I eventually be able to do it? Been doing it for a while now as it's one of my daily stretches.

I'm not particularly tall.

Soldato
I'm 6'4" and can touch the floor without any issues.

Which league do you play for? The team I manage has been promoted to Div3 in the EBL and I'm sure we've got a game your way.

The team is only going national this year, so we're Div4 to start with! Rossendale Raptors, we won the manchester D1 league this year with only 1 loss all season and have beaten a few D4/D3 teams in friendlys. We've got a few games against D3 teams in the cups, Manchester at their place (should be interesting as it's my old team :D) and warrington wolves at home, but nothing over notts way!

Tom.

Soldato
The team is only going national this year, so we're Div4 to start with! Rossendale Raptors, we won the manchester D1 league this year with only 1 loss all season and have beaten a few D4/D3 teams in friendlys. We've got a few games against D3 teams in the cups, Manchester at their place (should be interesting as it's my old team :D) and warrington wolves at home, but nothing over notts way!

Tom.

The team your way is MANCHESTER MAGIC who we play at our play in Oct. It was our first season last year in Div4 where we won 17 out of 20 games and just lost out in the play offs to Huddersfield Heat by 2 points.

Our cup games are against SHEFFIELD ARROWS and DERBY TRAILBLAZERS II. We're the Coalville Cougars www.coalvillebasketball.co.uk

We had our tryouts last Thursday for the new team and going by who turned up we should have a very good team.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yes, very easily but only after realising that retaining flexibility and keeping my joints supple is just as important as any other routine in the gym, especially after two knee operations on my left knee. I'm at the stage in my life that keeping going is more important than the weight i lift.. Stretching certainly helps.

Soldato
The team your way is MANCHESTER MAGIC who we play at our play in Oct. It was our first season last year in Div4 where we won 17 out of 20 games and just lost out in the play offs to Huddersfield Heat by 2 points.

Our cup games are against SHEFFIELD ARROWS and DERBY TRAILBLAZERS II. We're the Coalville Cougars www.coalvillebasketball.co.uk

We had our tryouts last Thursday for the new team and going by who turned up we should have a very good team.

do you not play?

Soldato
Yes, but the hamstrings do feel tight when doing so. I'm 6ft4 and I'm overweight (obese actually), clearly height doesn't have anything to do with it, you're either naturally flexible or you need to work on your flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom