Play World of Warcraft for free forever...

Soldato
It'll just be a ploy to attract new players, try to get some players hooked before the challenge SWTOR will give them.

Well, I don't think the decision was made out of the goodness of their heart. Of course it's to attract more people.

3am.
Nottingham Trent University.
Drunk.
Eating a HUGE bag of cheese puffs.
Sipping on a can of Stella.
Happy.
Got to level 12 and was informed that i had to travel to the border of Elwyn Forrest to meet a family evacuating from Westfall.
My little pally is fully ready.
Exit Elwyn to be greeted by a chap with a horse claiming he has lost something.
The music is epic.
The quests are epic.
Bashed the crap outa some weird looking scarecrow men.
Finally swam out to the lighthouse off the north coast and met the ghost there.
Fell asleep at my desk, cheese puffs all over my face and beer down my pants. Happiest ive ever been.
Got up and started again at 10am.
WoW - the perfect hangover cure. Especially combined with curry super noodles.

haha, nice :)

Vanilla was awful, anyone who says otherwise needs to take off the rose tinted specs and look at the sheer amount of grinding and pain there was involved in levelling, never mind raiding. TBC was about as good as it got in terms of difficulty versus reward. It's still my favourite and will remain so.

Rose tinted specs perhaps for some, but for many no. The game was a lot different back then and many, many players absolutly loved it back then. Whilst you may have saw it as a grind many didn't.

Caporegime
A level cap of 20.

A maximum of 10 gold.

Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.

Unable to trade via the Auction House, mailbox, or player-to-player.

In-game access to public chat channels unavailable. Players are limited to communicating using only say, party, or whisper.

Characters will be unable to create or join guilds.

Characters are not able to send whispers to other characters unless they have been added to the characters' friends lists or have received a whisper from a character first.

Characters will not be able to invite other players into a party.

Characters will not be able to join parties with other characters above level 20.

Voice chat disabled on Starter Edition accounts.

Realms experiencing login queues will prioritize players who have full, paid accounts.

Starter Edition accounts are not eligible for character transfers

RealID features are disabled on all Starter Edition Accounts.

Well, no chance getting my gf and I to have a bash if we can't group together. Fail.

Associate
Haven't played WoW since the closed beta - (was invited as was a memeber on one of the old EQ High End guilds back then) but I think I'll take up the offer and go and see how it's changed.

Also gives an alternative free MMORPG to play when the LOTRO servers are down (also had Mythos going but it's proving to be becoming a bit of a repetitive grindfest)

Soldato
Lol whoever wrote that. I can't be bothered to copy and pastequote on my iPhone but it says something like

"it's too expensive, you have to buy the pay a monthly fee whereas with SWTOR and aion its f2p"

Umm no. That just undermines the while article without saying anything else.

About the terms of the f2p trial they've clearly set it up to stop gold spammers using them. Though stopping them grouping with others is a bit harsh as many people may want to try it together but are now stopped.

Caporegime
Rose tinted specs perhaps for some, but for many no. The game was a lot different back then and many, many players absolutly loved it back then. Whilst you may have saw it as a grind many didn't.

Exactly 15 hours a day PVP'ing just to get to Rank 14. You got rewarded for major time investment. I only went to rank 13 as I already had ashjrethul (Later replaced with the gun from ouro for the extra 1% crit) and the polearm from naxx. I was the dogs danglies. 6k HP unbuffed (Mixture of tier 3 and Field Marhsal). Jom gabbar (The uber AP stacking trinket from ouro). I was doing 2.6 k arcane shots and 3k multishots with zerker buff. I was one shotting newbie lvl 60 mages. I was like chuck norris, van damm and jesus all in one. The best kitted hunter on my server bar none. I was unstoppable and scared of nothing. Then BC came out and was returned to being mortal. >_>

I quit a few months into tbc as I got a job and couldn't compete anymore. I wouldn't even be able to play wow like I did before with the commitments I have in life. That teenager period is pretty much the only time you could have played vanilla wow without totally ruining your life :D.

Associate
Well, no chance getting my gf and I to have a bash if we can't group together. Fail.

Doesnt it say you cant group with people over level 20? So if you want to try it out with someone else you can both just start together at level 1.

But if you cant group whatsoever, Then yeah thats stupid.

*edit*

Oh i see now if you are both on trial you cant group but if one of you is paying you can, Thats stupid..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doesnt it say you cant group with people over level 20? So if you want to try it out with someone else you can both just start together at level 1.

But if you cant group whatsoever, Then yeah thats stupid.

It is stupid:

Characters will not be able to invite other players into a party.

So I can't group with her, or vice versa, without there being a third subscribed person who is under level 20 to initiate the group.

Associate
It is stupid:

So I can't group with her, or vice versa, without there being a third subscribed person who is under level 20 to initiate the group.

lol, LF someone to make a group please, Only thing is you wouldnt be able to ask anyone to make it in game! :o

Associate
Very silly.

If they are cutting something's out like AH and trade skills then ok, but grouping is a basic part of the game and it's stupid to nerf that!!!!

Very sensible. The spammers used it away to promote their services, ie mass invite people, people blindly accept, they then spam them.

Back
Top Bottom