****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Associate
My s2 wont connect to via usb but can on kies air. I've tried installing the drivers on kies and re-installed kies but nothing happens? Can anyone help?

Soldato
Do you know which of "CWP UK" and "Generic XEU" is the UK official SIM-free stock ROM? Better yet would be if you know what the acronyms stand for!

It's supposed to be CPW which stands for car phone warehouse, there is no 'uk' sim free ROM just a europe wide one with the product code XEU, not sure what the X stands for but EU should be easy to work out.

Soldato
Well the home button doesn't do anything when pressed twice here with widgetlocker. But I do also have the number lock activated which might be one reason. Try enabling the pattern or number lock and see if that does it. Then I would send an email to the widgetlocker dev to see if he can get widgetlocker to do it on its own.

Associate
I've been having the same problem with Widgetlocker, the home button doesn't seem to be locked when you press it twice. I've tried all sorts to stop that from happening.

I don't have the home button problem with pressing it twice, just double checked it now, it's working great! The settings are here:

widget_locker_settings.jpeg

Associate
Having an issue with my gf's GS2 (not really a phone issue probably more of an OS issue, but thought i'd ask here anyway).

Basically when i send her a text it comes through as my number but with a 9 in place of the 0 at the beginning, therefore its not linked to her contact for me. It also doesn't allow her to reply directly, so she's got two text threads for me, one for sending and one for recieving.

Tried deleting the contact and making a new one, that seems to sort it out for a hour or so, but then the problem returns.

Anyone know a way of sorting this out?

My only other thoughts are to just add the other number to the contact but make the correct number the default number, would prefer to fix the issue properly though.

Soldato
Well I've decided to keep the GalaxySII as I went into the CPW to play with the Sensation and the screen just looked completely washed out after using the amazing GalaxySII Super AMOLED screen for a week.

I'm actually starting to like the UI too, I like how the call screen changes colour when someone answers and the slide to unlock screen when someone calls. Web browsing is a dream and I really have to recommend the new Opera. I've chosen it over Dolphin BrowserHD.

The phone really is like a mini tablet, I do have one annoying issue though. Google Maps navigation uses an American female accent to direct even though I've set the text to speech engine to English UK and ticked always use my settings.

Also, GO Launcher homescreen icons are randomly disappearing and I have to change the screen rotation by tilting the phone from and too portrait to get them back. Even then, this doesn't always work.

Any ideas on the above two issues?

Soldato
Hey Guys, my Galaxy SII arrived today (After many hours of pacing past the front window looking out for the postman), just unboxed it, very excited, my first Android and I'm the first of my friends to go this way, they all went the iphone route, but being a guy who likes a gadget you can actually mess around with.

Just a question, do I have to wait for the battery to fully charge before I can switch it on for the first time?

Really eager to just get started :p

Back
Top Bottom