The biggest dump you've see on Google Street View

Associate
Why are a lot of the American street views such poor quality

They were done first with the earliest cameras, things have improved a lot since, I hope they'll do them again at some point because some are really bad. Just looking around New York some of it looks like it's been taken with a Fisher Price My First Digicam through a grey fog.

Soldato
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bir...8,0.528374&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&t=h&z=12

captureyrh.jpg

Soldato
Welcome to the Murder Capital of Europe: The ghettos of Limerick, Ireland.

THE latest murders in Limerick have have tipped the statistical scales to make the feud-blighted city Europe's murder capital.

The Shannonside city has the highest per capita homicide rate in Western Europe , after overtaking Glasgow to claim that dubious distinction.

Limerick has a ratio of over seven homicides per 100,000 population, according to CSO data, while Glasgow recorded just over five killings per 100,000 of its population.

Gardaí are seizing an average of 500 firearms a year in Ireland -- 10 times more guns than they were seizing from republicans and criminals during the Troubles.

Have a look around on Street View

nLeNm.jpg

ZT9Dl.jpg

Aa17n.jpg

xydnj.jpg

a9hOd.jpg

q4w45.jpg

Soldato
Trying to google it but the season 3 Finale of Skins, the one where they have a race around a town and end up stealing Cook's dad's boat.
It may have been a couple of locations spliced togeather but they town they created was grim, run down and a huge dump of a place.

Soldato
Why dont they just send in the wrecking ball at that Irish place above? It looks like and from a third world country.

To demolish these buildings would invole re-housing hundreds of families that live beside them.

The plan is to move these people to other government housing in the city and then demolish parts of the estate and start again, like the government did in Ballymun in Dublin, which was a ghetto on a much larger scale, and invloved re-housing thousands of families.

Associate
Wow ... they still have flags waving outside peoples houses in Ireland ... if i'm ever unlucky enough to go there i must remember to put my watch 30 years back ......

Back
Top Bottom