Do Free Samples Make You Buy?

Soldato
Nope as they're usually inferior to the product they're trying to compete with e.g I like cheddar cheese and Cathedral City is my favourite, i'll try a sample at Costco of another cheddar and think how much better Cathedral is compared to it. :p

Soldato
Yep when doing a drive round the south island we stopped at lots of vinyards and were given free samples. Bought lots of wine which I thought tasted good. Some places I didn't buy any at all though because I didn't like their wines. Strange how a Pinot Noir one mile away from the last vineyard can taste so different!

Soldato
Someone bumped this month old thread just to say the word 'no'? Trying to get the post count up perchance?! :D

Man of Honour
Sometimes.

If im buying cheese for a cheeseboarnd. I like to try samples.
Of if out and about you get a free food sample and it's outstanding qaulity I might buy some, if it lasts a long time like sauces or pickles.

Borough market is an ideal example. Alway end up buying random food stuff from there, due to samples.

Soldato
It depends. If it's something I would not normally try, or if it's something better than what I currently buy, and I approve, then yes, I may buy it. Not on impulse mind you, and it would have to fit into my budget.

Back
Top Bottom