ASUS Rampage III Gene help

Associate
Hi all,

I have an ASUS rampage III gene and have a 3 x 4gb Corsair Dominator 1600 set installed, but windows only shows 8gb of RAM and CPU Z shows all 12gb. I have all the chips installed in the correct DIMM slots but no luck. Any help is much appreciated :)

running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit by the way

Associate
When you say Windows shows 8GB, what part of windows? Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and go to the Performance tab, it should say 8169 (or similar) under Total Physical Memory if it is only seeing 8GB, otherwise it will show 12100 or something around that if it is seeing 12GB.

Just for clarification :p

Associate
Not exactly the same board, I have the Rampage III Extereme, but had the same issue with a tri-channel kit of OCZ RAM that would occassionally show up as 4 GB rather than 6 GB until a reboot. Tested the DIMMs individually and again on another rig with no errors. Swapped it for Kingston HyperX (same clock and timings) and no problems at all since. From experience certain ASUS boards can be very fussy when it comes to RAM and Kingston are good for compatability. Also try running the RAM at 1333 or 1067 MHz with standard timings just in case it's the overclock or overvoltage that is the issue. If that is the case you can play around with clock, timings, volts, etc until it's happy.

Back
Top Bottom