Vista Woes

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
A friend has managed to get windows vista in a reset loop after updating to the latest patch on windows update.

I've tried system restore/repair which is a no go as it still resets :/ the only other thing I can think of is to use Win7 to try and upgrade the system files and potentially put win7 on the system.

The only thing is i need to save all files/programs as she is an accountant :o

is it possible to do so? I take it their is an option to upgrade vista other than format?

Last edited:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
Yup still does the same just resets no idea what Microsoft have done or she. But its totally not letting me do much! which is odd.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
Vista Home premium edition - Its a laptop btw also tried to do the (repair) function via the manufacture reset but again no luck!

So imo think its either try and upgrade and get some loss or format and loose everything :( which is a no go really

Soldato
Vista Home premium edition - Its a laptop btw also tried to do the (repair) function via the manufacture reset but again no luck!

So imo think its either try and upgrade and get some loss or format and loose everything :( which is a no go really

reinstall without format puts windows, users, program files, into a folder called windows.old no data loss - i do it all the time

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
Ah right! Thanks edscdk, So once all the data is taken from win.old folder you can then delete the .old? for more disk space or does windows need this?

Back
Top Bottom