[Another] Clothes Thread

Associate
Same figure as you Nix, I tend to stick away from the Topman/H&M/Next etc as not only is the fit poor but so is the quality. I buy most of my jeans and non-formal trousers from Tommy Hilfiger as they fit my shape perfectly and look good in the process. Diesel are also pretty decent but they have recently been heading towards the tight-slim-fit route which isn't my cup of tea at all.

Not sure about trousers on a budget though; I pay around 80-120 per pair but I've found that the quality is reflected in the price (from personal experience) and I'm happy to pay premium for something that fits and lasts.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
OP
Thanks all. I'd consider it Nikias, but it seems an awful lot of effort. I am pretty much a lazy shopper. I just want to pop to the shop, pick up what I want and have done with it. I wouldn't know where to begin in getting things tailored!

Same figure as you Nix, I tend to stick away from the Topman/H&M/Next etc as not only is the fit poor but so is the quality. I buy most of my jeans and non-formal trousers from Tommy Hilfiger as they fit my shape perfectly and look good in the process. Diesel are also pretty decent but they have recently been heading towards the tight-slim-fit route which isn't my cup of tea at all.

Not sure about trousers on a budget though; I pay around 80-120 per pair but I've found that the quality is reflected in the price (from personal experience) and I'm happy to pay premium for something that fits and lasts.

Where do you buy those from?

Soldato
Just google/yell/yellow pages 'tailor in (your city)'. Cost you about £15 and you'd spend 5 mins in there. Consider it if you still struggle to find stuff off the rack that fits. Also bear in mind cotton/linen/wool give more than denim and are cooler for the summer months!

Soldato
I got a pair of jeans about a year ago from H&M which a regular straight fit pair that are a 33" waist and 32" leg.

I'm usually a 32 waist 34 leg, but I bought them because I wanted something a little baggy so I went bigger waist, shorter leg to compensate. And they had at the time 33x34 as well because I remember trying them on and I was walking on the backs of the jeans with my trainers because they were too long.

So you could try H&M out for a 33" waist if that's your size. I'll add that my thighs are rugby forward size, but they're fairly big and the jeans are quite loose on my thighs as well.

Associate
Timberland have been superb for me, you certainly get what you pay for...

As someone else said, I avoid Next/Gap/Topman/Burton like the plague, and places like Superdry/Republic make me laugh.

j0s

j0s

Associate
Any decent local independent menswear outfitter, should be able to fit you up and also do alterations sometimes free or a nominal charge

Soldato
H&M New Standard should fit you fine, fantastic jeans. You're other option is taking your clothes to your tailor and getting them to alter it slightly.

Associate
I have the same problem :(

I'd describe myself as being average with 32" waist (34" if I have a few pies :D), 30" inside leg, 5'7" tall and yet find it a nightmare to buy clothes lately. In fact it's so bad I've given up and have not bought any clothes for about a year I think.
Went into shops a few months ago to try things on and no matter what leg-things (jeans/cords/etc) I took, they either could literally not go up past my thighs, or went up in this bizarre kind of hipster fit and then sagged around my waist :(. I also have big thighs, it seems like today's fashion caters for men with teeny tiny chicken legs :D

Will check out Gap next time I'm in town. Oh and Nix, sorry I forfeited the game, I completely forgot and the reminder e-mails went straight into the spam folder haha, rematch?

Back
Top Bottom