Corsair 600T watercooled build: "Blue Dragon"

Associate
very interested in this...I have a 600t and want to set up a custom loop, so this will give me a great insight on how it can be done :) subbed .

Associate
OP
Sorry for the lack of updates - I had the rads on order but they only just got shipped out yesterday due to stock levels. Mini-update - cut down the top panel so I can fit three fans under it, and just testing with red fans.

This has been sanded down to be nice and smooth :).

Not sure if I'll keep red led fans for final build, but will experiment with different colours. Hopefully the rads will arrive soon :D.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
that looks really nice, can the 600t take the fans in the top part of the case( under the mesh gaurd as its got quite a bit of space in there) I know a rad wouldn't fit.

Associate
OP
Well it's nice to finally post a proper update :p! Firstly @ AMG: Yep, fans go between the case body and the top mesh, and the rad fits inside the case. That's the main reason I chose this over the 650D.

Also started doing a bit of cable management (can never start too early :)!). I don't have equipment to solder, so it was creative 'folding' to make the cables the right size. 600T's cable management is HEAVEN btw, HEAVEN. The next time I try to sort cables on a Lian Li I might have a stroke.

Guess what arrived in the post today :). About a week late, but meh...twas the only place with the quad rad in stock.

Magicool 360:

Phobya 480 Extreme:

Had a bit of a nervous few minutes moving the HDDs and seeing if the rad would actually fit ;).

Yay! 1cm spare. The rad is a bit wider than the official measurements, but the 600T is a wide case. With both case sides on:

And both rads in position:

I'm going to be using the rest of today to plan out tubing routes. I think it's going to be a bit tricky as the HDD cage is where I want the pump to be, and also as I'm using GPU only blocks. My pump (MCP 655 with EK block) is also rather large and it's going to be a struggle to find room. Since we're on that topic, just leak tested the pump+block this evening and was all fine:

May post my final route later. Will order the remaining fittings etc tonight and hopefully get everything on Wednesday. Need to work out how to attach the quad rad to the case too.

Man of Honour
That is awesome! Best use of a Phobya quad that I've seen so far. Cudos mate, but don't be surprised if I borrow the idea one day :D

Associate
OP
Two standard double radiator stands one on the front, one on the back, bolted to the bottom of the case.

Using a double rad stand was the original idea but the rad needs to be raised off the floor of the case by 2cm for a couple of reasons - the case sides taper so if the rad rests on the floor it wouldn't fit. Also, the edge of the case floor is lipped.

Anyway I'd found a rad stand that raised the rad a little bit when attached:

But the clearance (red line) is one cm too short. Found that it was easy to drill holes 1cm further up the rad stand however, and just attach the rad higher up. Now it fits perfectly in the case bottom :).

My next rig was going to be the 600t with a 120.3 rad on top and the 200mm Phoyba Extreme rad on the front, maybe I'll rethink ;)

Yeh was originally thinking of doing, but the phobya 200mm is only marginally better than a double rad, and I couldn't find any standout large rad fans. Coolness factor though, 200mm rad is awesome :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking good mate, only thing I would change personally would be daisy chaining all of the radiator fans into one fan connector, then using a fan controller like the Lamptron FC5 (or any other one that can handle a decent amount of amps per channel) and then hooking all 4 fans onto one single channel on the controller.

Though I did notice that you said you never had soldering equipment, but it would be worth buying a cheap soldering iron just to tidy up the rad fan cables, as it makes things look a lot tidier, and it's relatively simple to do as well.

Really good use of the quad rad though, bet there will be several people "steal" this idea.

Associate
OP
Looking good mate, only thing I would change personally would be daisy chaining all of the radiator fans into one fan connector, then using a fan controller like the Lamptron FC5 (or any other one that can handle a decent amount of amps per channel) and then hooking all 4 fans onto one single channel on the controller.

Though I did notice that you said you never had soldering equipment, but it would be worth buying a cheap soldering iron just to tidy up the rad fan cables, as it makes things look a lot tidier, and it's relatively simple to do as well.

Really good use of the quad rad though, bet there will be several people "steal" this idea.

Thanks mate :).

Probably not going to daisy chain as I have the FC8, and I've already braided it so that the connectors are in two groups of four. The fan cables coming out of the Quad are all the same length, so once they're all connected to the FC8 it'll essentially be a single cable.

Definitely want to get a solder to do the molex and sata power cables though - they tend to be the hardest to manage neatly imo.

Associate
OP
Today's work...quad rad properly mounted to case floor, pump mounted onto HDD cage and front panel headers braided and tidied.

Here's the planned tubing route:

It's the best I can come up with, but I'm open to alternatives :). Also need to decide whether to have black tubing, or transparent (will have Mayhem blue dye in the water).

Back
Top Bottom