Sister's lost bracelet on Ebay :(

Soldato
Good grief.

What I mean is, it could have quite easily been fake like a lot of stuff at car boot sales is.

A lot of people who really know their stuff frequent car boot sales looking for bargains. Around here we have some car boot sales which are more like markets selling new cheap tat from China but there are some that don't allow that type of seller and are only for people genuinely selling their unwanted items.

Permabanned
Great end, but ebay and the police have disgusted me. No surprise there.
The police are a joke, i got scammed out of £400 on ebay, the boyfriend of a seller on ebay broke up and used her ebay to scam people out of money, i spoke to her at length on the phone and got the guys details.

Took all this information to the police and all i got was "sorry the police tend not to investigate online fraud if its under £500" and that was the official line from my local police.

From now on they can get stuffed.

Soldato
Big kudos to the seller for being understanding. More people like him please. Disappointing performance from the boys in blue though, it has to be said.

Caporegime
The police are a joke, i got scammed out of £400 on ebay, the boyfriend of a seller on ebay broke up and used her ebay to scam people out of money, i spoke to her at length on the phone and got the guys details.

Took all this information to the police and all i got was "sorry the police tend not to investigate online fraud if its under £500" and that was the official line from my local police.

From now on they can get stuffed.

Someone I know was a Special in the police force for a while. He left because he said he was largely disgusted by the attitude of the average cop. He basically said it shattered his confidence and belief in them.

And I've been apprehended by a couple cops who were complete dicks for no reason whatsoever, so I don't have much time for them either.

Associate
OP
Thanks all for the grats :)

My sister actually asked the police what to do after the seller had agreed the bracelet was hers and wanted to meet up, as she was a bit dubious about meeting up with some random bloke off the internet.

At first they told her under no circumstances should she meet up with him and they would get back to her after discussing what the best course of action would be. They then phoned back and said she might as well just go and meet him anyway.

Luckily it turned out to be alright and I wasn't just going to let her turn up on her own anyway - although the police seemed more than happy for her to do this. You would think they might have suggested that he hand it in at the station and she left the £60 there as a reward for him, but they didn't even manage to come up with such a simple plan as that.

I didn't have much faith in them in the first place, but they have really excelled themselves in being as much use a chocolate fireguard.

Back
Top Bottom