Exfoiliating skin using only cotton buds?

Associate
I only wash my skin with water and since i've done that i've not got any spots. I use a bit of moisturiser now and again but i was wondering if wetting my face and using a cotton bud will get rid of the few blackheads i have on my nose.

Soldato
I only wash my skin with water and since i've done that i've not got any spots. I use a bit of moisturiser now and again but i was wondering if wetting my face and using a cotton bud will get rid of the few blackheads i have on my nose.

probably won't do any good tbh.

Soldato
Wash your face in the morning with warm/hot water. This should open up your pores (and your pores are supposedly bigger in the morning when you wake up), then you can almost pick/scratch the blackheads out with your fingernail. Sounds gross I know, but it works! :p

Then wash your face again and close pores by rinsing with cold water.

Caporegime
Drink at least one and a half litres of water a day and minimize any crap in your diet. Working from the outside is almost always the better option.

Consider a clean, tone and exfoliate program for the face. Oats works well. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I use those brush pads with soap to wash my face, they are those circle type rough sponges. Using a face cloth or cotton buds wont remove the dirt, you essentially have to scrub to remove dead skin / moisture / sweat.

Soldato
Why not try a facial scrub to help?

Also toothpaste is the answer if you don't want to spend extra £'s (obviously treat it at night otherwise you'll look like a weirdo!) sudocrem is really good as well

And....during the day try not to touch your face too much as it can cause excessive oil

Last edited:
Soldato
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Associate
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, though I am simply not there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom