What book are you reading...

Soldato
Lately, I have become disjointed from the usual tripe on TV, regardless of watching so little of it in the first place. On top of that, I have not properly played any 360 in a while as well! With a ton of fantastic games that are waiting to be completed.

Last night, I got in touch with my girly side, made a hot choc, marshmallows and opened up a book and stretched out on the sofa...

Anyone into any good books at the moment?

ags

Soldato
I want to read a damn book but I'm trying to muster up some form of motivation.

Last one I read was A Game of Thrones by George R. Martin, recently made popular by the TV series.

I'm thinking of going through Phillip K. Dick's books again.

Soldato
An Idiot Abroad, the diary :D

And the PADI Rescue Diver Manual because soon i'll be training to become a rescue diver.

Man of Honour
James Rollins - Sand Storm
'The glass enclosure exploded outwards. Stabbing spears pierced his left side. But he barely felt the cuts as a wave of blast-furnace heat struck him, searing, burning away all the oxygen. The next explosion ripped Harry from his feet and threw his body clear across the gallery. But only flaming bones hit the security gate, melting themselves into the steel grating...' Lady Kara Kensington's family paid a high price in money and blood to found the gallery that now lies in ruins. And her search for answers is about to lead her into a world she never imagined existed: a lost city, buried beneath the Arabian desert, where something astonishing is waiting... A covert government operative hunting down a traitor is being drawn there as well. But at the end of a perilous journey lies an ageless power that can create a utopia - or tear down everything humankind has built over millennia of civilisation...
No idea if its a any Good yet, only a couple of chapters in and it's a bit odd.

Associate
Iain M Banks - Surface Detail

Nice to get a proper Space Opera from him after the abomination that was Matter. Still not a patch on The Algebrist however.

Soldato
Stay Alive, My Son, a book written by someone that survived the attrocities in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge regime. I went to Cambodia recently so I know that this is going to get grim :(

Associate
Just finished Game of Thrones, tossing up wether to read Clash of Kings or World War Z

Last one I read was A Game of Thrones by George R. Martin, recently made popular by the TV series.

Only been introduced to the Game Of Thrones series last night, watched the first two episodes and I'm really enjoying it, best series I've seen in a long time.

How is the book? I haven't read a book in years but it seems right my street :)

Man of Honour
Listening to Rivers of London on Audible and reading super freakonomics and just started a Philip K Dick novel but can't remember title

Soldato
Only been introduced to the Game Of Thrones series last night, watched the first two episodes and I'm really enjoying it, best series I've seen in a long time.

How is the book? I haven't read a book in years but it seems right my street :)

I enjoyed the story but I didn't shine to George's writing style.

It's fast and down right gruesome really and it's not there to make you feel good so expect to wince a couple times. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom