HD Video Editing Rig - Sanity Check Required

Soldato
OP
Ok, so I've just updated the potential spec by halfing the amount of RAM but instead spending the money on a bigger and crucially faster SSD drive. Takes me a bit over budget but not too much of a problem.

So will my new spec work together ok? Anything else I should be considring before I hit the purchase button?

I am also trialing that software as we speak to see what difference it makes too just for the record :)

Thanks all.

EDIT: Ok, have fallen out with the CineForm software.....sorry :D I've just converted a 3gb video file and by the time it had finished my file was well over 10gb. Ok it didn't lose any quality but no thanks. Therefore I'm decided to do it the bullish way and chuck more power at the AVCHD files.

Ok, so ordering soon........yay or nay to the above?

Last edited:
Caporegime
With storage so cheap why do you care about the 10GB file?

You edit it then render and master it out has a H.264 format.

:confused:

Do not use your OS drive for anything other than the OS..I have made this perfectly clear.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
With storage so cheap why do you care about the 10GB file?

You edit it then render and master it out has a H.264 format.

:confused:

Do not use your OS drive for anything other than the OS..I have made this perfectly clear.

It's not just the fact that it tripled the size of my file though (Although I don't fancy my 120gb camera needing minimum of 360gb each time it is full). It is the added faff of waiting for it to convert. Might as well wait for it to churn through the AVCHD files because although that bit takes longer, there is no waiting around before hand.

Oh and for the record I'm not using my OS drive to store or render out to as I said the other night when I set up a spare raptor. It's all separate now :)

Soldato
Is there any advantage to using Cineform NeoScene to capture footage directly from the camera as opposed to Sony Vegas own capture utility?

Also, when capturing, is it best to automatically split the clip into segments or just leave it all as one large file?

Back
Top Bottom