The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Soldato
It's not AppleCare unless you pay for that, it's a 3 year hardware warranty. It should be there when you warranty check your device within a few weeks of purchase.

Soldato
Well what I meant is you get 3 year warranty when you purchase from HE, i've done this once before with my first Macbook. The £50 extra only gives you an additional 2 years of telephone support so you have 3 year hardware and 3 year telephone, if you don't select that option then you get 1 year telephone and 3 year hardware.

The hardware warranty is the one that counts anyway as you can just take it into any store, not much one can do over the phone really.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
How do you get the 3 year parts and labour cover added on? I bought HE over the phone and confirmed I would get 3 years but looking up my serial lists one year...

Associate
Like I said - It is better to call through to Apple Customer Services and ask them to email you to confirm that the 3 year uplift has been added on to you system.

Maybe there should be a sticky about this as there seems to be a debate about it every few weeks.

When bought from a HE store you should get the 3 year hardware warranty added automatically - but it seems that for about 50% of people it does not get added on. It therefore requires some pestering to Applecare in order for the uplift to be added to your system.

It is not worth paying the extra £50 for telephone support as telephone support just direct you towards your nearest Apple Store - I don't understand why people are paying £50 just for a piece of mind when you should get it for free.

It doesn't help that most of the sales staff are also unaware of the HE uplift - I've found that the only people who seem to be aware of it are the 2nd level support based in Ireland who are always very helpful compared to the 1st level Indian call centres.

Soldato
Like I said - It is better to call through to Apple Customer Services and ask them to email you to confirm that the 3 year uplift has been added on to you system.

Maybe there should be a sticky about this as there seems to be a debate about it every few weeks.

When bought from a HE store you should get the 3 year hardware warranty added automatically - but it seems that for about 50% of people it does not get added on. It therefore requires some pestering to Applecare in order for the uplift to be added to your system.

It is not worth paying the extra £50 for telephone support as telephone support just direct you towards your nearest Apple Store - I don't understand why people are paying £50 just for a piece of mind when you should get it for free.

It doesn't help that most of the sales staff are also unaware of the HE uplift - I've found that the only people who seem to be aware of it are the 2nd level support based in Ireland who are always very helpful compared to the 1st level Indian call centres.

I paid the £50 purely to avoid the hassle of OMG my status only says 12 months and having to make a phone call. Time is money afterall :p.

Associate
If you buy online or over the phone you and opt out of phone support, you'll automatically receive an email after the telephone expires informing you of the hardware cover upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom