Getting a refund for dodgy iphone apps?

Soldato
Is this possible? I have gone through the itunes store and used the "Report a problem" feature but it just says to contact the app owner!

Under Android you simply delete the app within 24 hours and you aren't charged, but with Apple it seems you are screwed if you buy an app in good faith and it blatantly doesnt work! Is this the case?

Soldato
Is this possible? I have gone through the itunes store and used the "Report a problem" feature but it just says to contact the app owner!

Under Android you simply delete the app within 24 hours and you aren't charged, but with Apple it seems you are screwed if you buy an app in good faith and it blatantly doesnt work! Is this the case?

Android is now 15 minutes afaik.

Associate
I complained about one app i'd purchased which was then deleted from the store and re-listed under a slightly different name meaning I'd have to buy again to get the updates. The customer service person said they'd refund me the money if I bought again and were true to their word.

Soldato
OP
Android is now 15 minutes afaik.

Even 15 minutes would be enough time to be fair and to get a refund. It's a bit of a let down that Apple make it so hard.

The app in question was a network monitor tool we thought we could use at work to have a quick overview of machines. Only cost about £3.50 so really not worth the hassle. It's certainly put me off using the app store again though for more expensive purchases unless there is a free version.

The amount of rubbish on there really should mean you are offered a refund option easily and quickly without having to faff about with email. Even a 5 minute window would be better than nothing!

Associate

Under Android you simply delete the app within 24 hours and you aren't charged, but with Apple it seems you are screwed if you buy an app in good faith and it blatantly doesn't work! Is this the case?

yes it is possible to get a refund.i done it a few months ago when i brought an app
and had problems with it.so i went through the app maker complaints procedure and also in form apple about the problem ( in the end you are paying apple who then i was told at end of each month they pay the apps makers there money.i sent the apps reply to apple through their customer dept also telling them they are selling stuff through their service unfit for purpose and so on then a day or two later got an e-mail from apple they are going to give us a refund.

so yes keep onto them

Back
Top Bottom