Where do you stand on workplace romances?

Soldato
Thousands? A bit optimistic!

There are thousands of women that you think you could marry?

Where do you find these women? :o

I'd say in the Uk there are probably more, but doesn't mean I'm trying to meet them.
Pretty much everywhere at the moment, bus, train, shop, work, bar, you name it. Nothing stopping anyone from talking to anyone but themselves.

Soldato
Guy I work with got a girl from work. It didn't start working out well after a year and then he decided on another girl at work. Let say that things did not go smoothly for either of them, when he ditched the first girl and got with the second.
Work parties were interesting indeed. He got pushed down some stairs and broke his wrist.

Soldato
Don't poo where you eat.

Or eat where you poo.

This. I saw a couple come to blows soon after their relationship came to an end & they still worked together. They even began to live together as well during their relationship :rolleyes: sheesh they must've been sick of the sight of each other. As for me I've been tempted to ask a girl out on more than one occasion & I asked one out straight away soon after she left where I worked at the time. I regretted that soon afterwards though. :( turned out she liked to cook pet rabbits for some strange reason if you get my meaning. ;):p

Soldato
When I first began work in an office after Uni, I always said I would never do this, as its just recipe for trouble.

I've done it twice now, and its not been bad at all really. As long as you aren't a pleb about it, it can work out fine. The first one I saw for a good couple of months, and I decided she wasn't my sort so I put an end to it. We still speak and get on quite well. The second was more of a one night thing.

That said, I don't work on the same teams as either, so don't have to see them most days if I didn't want to.

Just go for it if you want to, my opinion has changed now. The office is a great environment for hooking up with people, you can slowly start to get to know people in a pressure free sort of environment.

Associate
If it's a part time job while you at university where you can easily leave and get another job i'd go for it.
If it's in a proper job you may want to tread carefully, things will be very awkward if it goes pear shaped.

Soldato
Depends how much you like someone, but I know from a friends current situation that it can become extremely awkward (no denying he's an idiot though).

Caporegime
if you're young and your job isn't that serious / is replaceable, no big deal. If your career is a bit more advanced and could come juddering to a halt because of a relationship at work, avoid

True, if you are a manager and she is your secretary then maybe it's not the best idea, you could end up in lots of trouble with sexual harassment claims...:p

Man of Honour
Don't generally reccomend it, you will often find people seem quite a bit different when you see them in the light of outside of work compared to how you see them at work. That said no harm I guess in seeing someone for drinks, etc. getting to know them better - sometimes you can be suprised.

Back
Top Bottom