Shuttle SH67H3 Performance

Associate
OP
im quite excited in a geeky way. anyone know what bios settings will need to be changed, this is my 6th shuttle and first ever intel shuttle/pc

You will want to update the bios - the latest on the Shuttle site includes Turbo Boost, where as the one that you will get with the shuttle does not. Turbo boost takes it from 3.4 to 3.8GHz under load.

Other than that there is little you can do in the bios. There are no real voltages to adjust and no overclocking, so very very simple.

Just to annoy you... I only paid £225 for mine :)

Soldato
You will want to update the bios - the latest on the Shuttle site includes Turbo Boost, where as the one that you will get with the shuttle does not. Turbo boost takes it from 3.4 to 3.8GHz under load.

Other than that there is little you can do in the bios. There are no real voltages to adjust and no overclocking, so very very simple.

Just to annoy you... I only paid £225 for mine :)

cheers mate, how do you flash on these ones, on my old one it was not that easy if i remember!

well done on that price, best i found posted was £230 but postage was 5 days, so £235 next day was ok for me

i used the shuttle power consumption chart and it reckons the 300w will handle all i wanna stick in it

edit... simon what do you think of the front panel? does not look as good as my current sn78sh7, do you no if i can swap them?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
cheers mate, how do you flash on these ones, on my old one it was not that easy if i remember!

well done on that price, best i found posted was £230 but postage was 5 days, so £235 next day was ok for me

i used the shuttle power consumption chart and it reckons the 300w will handle all i wanna stick in it

edit... simon what do you think of the front panel? does not look as good as my current sn78sh7, do you no if i can swap them?

I can't remember if the bios update was windows or DOS :(, but i dont recal it being difficult.

I agree the front is not as nice as the H7. I been thinking along the same lines - moving the Sh67 internals into an H7 chassis, however the front USB arrangement is different... The H3 has USB3 and Esata and they don't match the layout of either of my H7 chassis. Personally i am more anoyed at the DVD drive spoiling the look... I am toying with a stealth modification.

I never understood the costs, originally Shuttle launched an SH67H7 as well as the H3, but the H7 was nearly double the cost of the H3 and now seems to have disapeared.

Soldato
Thanks Simon, yeah I may try a mod myself. Is the Usb technology contained in the port end or the mobo? I just got an email from the place I ordered my shuttle from so will have to look around for another good place. I wonder why the h7 disappeared it looks so much better

Associate
OP
Thanks Simon, yeah I may try a mod myself. Is the Usb technology contained in the port end or the mobo? I just got an email from the place I ordered my shuttle from so will have to look around for another good place. I wonder why the h7 disappeared it looks so much better

The H7 is also no on the Shuttle site anymore and disappeared quite awhile ago... I don't know, for sure, if it ever really existed.

Associate
OP
I just had a look at the mod.
The front USB panel is not too hard as they are interchangable with a sick on front cover.
The issue are switches and LED's which are all controlled by wires that differ between the two machines (SH67H3 and SN78H7). Personally i'm going to stick with the H3 front.

Associate
OP
I needed a new 300W PSU for one of my other shuttles, so i brought the 500W one for the SH67H3 as the cost difference was not great between the 300 and 500w.

So now I have plenty of power :)

Associate
Whats the noise like on these things? Ive got an SP35p2 and after modding out the cpu fan and installing a very quiet gfx heatsink I can still hear the psu fan spinning away. Im tied between something powerful (this), and the new mac mini which is almost silent, argh!

Associate
Gaming and programming. What I've got now is fine tbh (q6600, 8gb ram, radeon 4850, vertex ssd), but it's coming up to 3 years old I think so it'll be nice to have something new.

I've been anti-Apple since forever but the long arm of their marketing division is slowly taking me. The gfx in the mac mini isn't comparable at all but it should manage on mid to low settings.

Back
Top Bottom